Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gas? GAS!? for a BBQ!?

I'd never show my face again if I used GAS.

However, I do CHEAT a little with my coals now. I use one of those coal starter columns where they produce perfectly hot coals to then pour into the bbq. It's been magnificent.

Those columns are brilliant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've sussed out how to keep it at 200 degrees with the lid down by regulating the burners.
This way I cook roast dinners etc. especially in the summer and Christmas, keeping the heat outdoors.

Get it as hot as you can and then stick a pizza in there - brilliant ! Butterflied leg of lamb also superb on the gas.....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Real men politely advise their wives to study the extensive works of Nigella or order a decent take away.

BBQs should be banned under some sort of health law.

And anyone who buys a BBQ and then slaps cheap 90% dust filled sausages and chicken thighs on it should be locked up.

Spot on :lolol:
I've read it all now on this thread, barbecue snobbery :laugh:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was always a staunchly charcoal man but now we have a fantastic 3-burner outback and it's fantastic. Anyone who tells you you don't get the same flavour with gas is FIBBING.

I did a Full English on the barbecue for the first time yesterday, it was immense.

I also use it pretty much every day from May to September, which would be somewhat time consuming with a charcoal barbecue!

Have you not got a kitchen Notters :smile:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I have both...a small gas barbie when i can't be arsed to spend and hour waiting for the charcoal one, and a charcoal one for when i can be arsed

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Easy way out for me..Gas...However I do agree with others it`s not really bbq ing....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And this year's food poisoning of choice will be

a - botulism
b - salmonella
c- novovirus caught in hospital when being treated for the above

???

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I noticed in B&Q yesterday that you can now buy Jack Daniels cask woodsmoke chips that you can cook with on a barbecue. Might get some, give them a whizz and report back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here