Chants/club songs that you hate hearing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Escape thing really gets on my tits. Was great against Burnley when down to 9 men but since then it's been used even when we're winning. And last night The North seemed to be twice as fast as the West, I was beginning to think that someone had spiked the beer in there with speed.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Teams who sing "and it's x-x-x, x-x-x FC, we're by far the greatest team..." when their club's name clearly doesn't fit - 'Bur - ner - ley' and 'Cry - stal palace' (with the two syllables of 'palace' merged horribly into one mumbled spasm) are examples

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teams who sing "and it's x-x-x, x-x-x FC, we're by far the greatest team..." when their club's name clearly doesn't fit - 'Bur - ner - ley' and 'Cry - stal palace' (with the two syllables of 'palace' merged horribly into one mumbled spasm) are examples

What, as opposed to "Bri-ghton and Hove Al-bion"?

The original lyrics to that song are "no, nay, never", so I'd have thought Crystal Palace fits perfectly??

To be fair, any fans of any club other than Barcelona singing that are simply wrong.

I'm not sure how it would translate into Spanish though.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
Were the north stand were the north stand.....................

Makes me cringe every time, makes us look like we are playing in the FA Vase final every time

3pm matches when the west stand properly joins in, Its noise is a good as 'Hey Jude' and gets the atmosphere going!

Magwitch Gull

Nov 19, 2011

Makes me cringe every time, makes us look like we are playing in the FA Vase final every time

Couldn't agree more - sounds like something you would hear in a primary school playground.

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011

Had a chat with a Villa fan the other week and he said the north stand/west stand song was awesome on the tv. It's my favourite as well. Why don't you like it?

DannyBoy1991

Apr 11, 2012
Hi ladies and gents, I saw a link directing me to the threat regarding the train problems around Brighton for midweek games and quite relieved I hadn't purchased any train tickets! As a Watford fan though I couldn't resist commenting on this thread...

'YELLOW ARMY' is the WORST 'song/chant/noise' ever. Play off final, Leeds sing marching on together pre match. The announcer then turns to us and asks for a song... I have never been so embarrassed. Yellow army, yellow army, yellow army ... Made worse with clappy sticks and big yellow wigs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hi ladies and gents, I saw a link directing me to the threat regarding the train problems around Brighton for midweek games and quite relieved I hadn't purchased any train tickets! As a Watford fan though I couldn't resist commenting on this thread...

'YELLOW ARMY' is the WORST 'song/chant/noise' ever. Play off final, Leeds sing marching on together pre match. The announcer then turns to us and asks for a song... I have never been so embarrassed. Yellow army, yellow army, yellow army ... Made worse with clappy sticks and big yellow wigs.

They're not normally that bad, to be fair. Something went tits up last night and it was more of a problem than usual. It's generally no worse than games at Charlton, Millwall, Palace or any other club where large numbers travel by train.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
"Where were you when you were shit?" is always sung by jealous rivals who are ignorant about our ground problems before the AMEX ie Portsmouth.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

:lol:

Surely even that isn't as wanky as your announcer welcoming your team onto the pitch as the 'Golden Boys'?

DannyBoy1991

Apr 11, 2012
:lol:

Surely even that isn't as wanky as your announcer welcoming your team onto the pitch as the 'Golden Boys'?

Yeah, that is also cringeworthy! ''lets gettt behind the golden boyssss'' .. No, I'd rather not!

No wonder 'loo-ton town' fans take the piss!! Having said that, I'd much rather our fans wore the wigs and clapped those ridiculous sticks whilst skipping around singing yellow army, than act even remotely like the 'scum up the M1' ... Most clubs have the odd yob here and there, Luton have the odd nice person if you search long enough!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not a chant, not a song but I frigging hate the embarrassing 'WHO?' when opposing subs come on. Talk about motivating the opposition. Makes us look small time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports