Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Chant' for Gardener on Saturday

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Please, Please, Please everyone just ignore him! or even cheer him !..Booing or rude chants to an ex player hardly ever makes them play worse! in fact often the opposite SO DONT DO IT!

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
I'm pretty much 100% the opposite. He get no applause from me, because so far as was evident to me he really wasn't TRYING whilst here. Gary Gardner did not give two shits about the fortunes of Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

Not many loan players do mate!...Most are just playing for their next permanent contract

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm pretty much 100% the opposite. He get no applause from me, because so far as was evident to me he really wasn't TRYING whilst here. Gary Gardner did not give two shits about the fortunes of Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

This. Gave absolutely no SHITS about our results and purely focused on his own passing and shooting practice. Poor, poor loanee.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Which is exactly as I see it. Absolutely 'did my head in', the amount of time the opposition sprinted past him as he plodded back.

Wont boo him, but one of the laziest players I've seen play for us, at times he made Harley look like Linford Christie!

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I'm totally indifferent to him and won't waste any energy bothering with what he is doing

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I'm in total agreement to what Hans Kraay Fan Club has said previously. Spot on!
Gardener was utter horse shet in the Blue & White stripes. It was all about personal performance & glory for him. I saw very little occasions of him tracking back as well.
Just look at the difference Ince has made since replacing Gardener in the team...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey who sucked all the fun out of being a football supporter.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm with HKFC; he was turd and a large part of our poor start to the season. I can't believe he started every game until Wolves away, where, coincidentally, we actually looked decent until Bruno got sent off.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Nope. Gardner was interested in his own success, over ours. That's why he'd constantly shoot (mostly badly) from distance, on regular occasions, with team mates better placed. One potential Gary Gardner worldy was worth a lot more in Gary's mind than three Albion tap ins. Didn't care.

And often didn't try, either. Tracking back? That's the work of club employees, not Premiership STARS gracing us with their presence.

HKFC I am with you 100% on this one. Gardner was lazy, didn't give a monkeys and thought he was better than he really was.

My suggestion for a chant to him - "YOUR S**T AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE"

I don't normally get wound up with players etc, but he was absolutely useless

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
His two goals earned us four points, without which we'd be in the drop zone.

Conversely, those four points probably kept Hyypia in the job for an extra month so perhaps it is fair to say he is largely responsible for the piss poor start to the campaign

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
HKFC I am with you 100% on this one. Gardner was lazy, didn't give a monkeys and thought he was better than he really was.

My suggestion for a chant to him - "YOUR S**T AND WE KNOW YOU ARE"

I don't normally get wound up with players etc, but he was absolutely useless

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Gaaaaaaarry Gardner, what a wanker, what a wanker ....

And repeat as usual. Simple, and even the PBC can join in

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In my naivety I was hoping we'd be a crowd somewhat akin to this one, by the time we got GG substituted:-

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not read through the rest of the thread .... but my chant is ... shoot, shoot, shoot knowing damn well that they will go high and wide

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he gets substituted (preferably without scoring first) a quick rendition of 'Brighton reject' would be appropriate?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I too didn't understand the flak Gardner got, the whole team was a disaster area when he was here, fully expect him to score and do it within 30 mins, something Forest haven't managed in a League game since September. Gardner was the first scapegoat of the season but has passed the mantle on to JFC now.

I think we'd be better off just leaving him alone, not winding him up. Murray and Dobbie anyone?
Because he is one lazy ball watching shite player, could of stopped two of Fulham's goals for Forest the other night but chose not to. Worst midfielder to wear the stripes for a few seasons now.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Where were all the people supporting him on this thread when he was playing for us?

I may have a selective memory but I don't remember much support for him on NSC when he was here.

I'm definitely in the anti camp - thought he was just using the club as a way of getting back to fitness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here