Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 4 Isis The British women supporters unveiled

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Other news outlets are condemning this poll and the Sun have recieved record complaints. However as misleading as the poll is I am shocked that a 1000 Muslims even completed a Sun survey. Reading the Sun or associating with it would make those so called Muslims infidels.

More reputable polls have shown similar results after other attacks, the difficulty is interpreting what is meant by 'sympathising with'.

And particularly misinformed!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I had the same thought when I saw this front page

View attachment 70177

If there going to do polling on such a sensitive topic at least do it properly. Interesting debate on the subject here http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/nov/24/criticism-grows-over-suns-muslim-poll

IMG_20151123_204936.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
More reputable polls have shown similar results after other attacks, the difficulty is interpreting what is meant by 'sympathising with'.

And particularly misinformed!

You missed my point, forget about the interpretation for a minute. The Sun stands for everything opposite to Islam, yet Muslims endorsed the paper just by completing the survey. It's like a prelude to a joke; Have you heard the one about the Muslim Sun reader?

This survey tells me that quite a few Muslims out there who believe in the Quran also read the Sun, which would be classed as the Devils paper. Just by a Muslim looking at the Sun on the shelf is in conflict with Islam. I don't see any Muslims out there condemning other Muslims for completing a Sun survey.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You missed my point, forget about the interpretation for a minute. The Sun stands for everything opposite to Islam, yet Muslims endorsed the paper just by completing the survey. It's like a prelude to a joke; Have you heard the one about the Muslim Sun reader?

This survey tells me that quite a few Muslims out there who believe in the Quran also read the Sun, which would be classed as the Devils paper. Just by a Muslim looking at the Sun on the shelf is in conflict with Islam. I don't see any Muslims out there condemning other Muslims for completing a Sun survey.

I keep doing that. The Sun and Islam do have some similarities. Both rely on the gullibility of their followers, both have a very old fashioned view of the role of women, both are used to manipulate the masses, both promote prejudice and intolerance but the Sun is better at covering sport.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

The survey was conducted by Survation on behalf of The Sun
These polling/survey outfits do not announce who their clients are when conducting surveys so as to remove any preconceived ideas people may have about that organisation.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Apparently 1000 Muslims and non Muslims were polled mmmm....Really was a pathetic poll to be fair and the sun have seriously cocked up.
Saying that it's clear we have 10's of thousands that would consider whizzing to Syria or doing something here,,,We had at least 700 known that went over.
These issues need to be addressed here instead of brushing it under the carpet...every day people are getting radicalised here and we just don't seem bothered enough to get to the bottom of it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Austrian teenager who joined Isis is ‘beaten to death for trying to escape’

One of the two teenager girls who ran away from their home in Austria to join terror group Isis has reportedly been beaten to death after trying to flee their Syrian stronghold.

Samra Kesinovic, 17, left her Austrian home she shared with her parents in April 2014 and, along with friend Sabina Selimovic, travelled to Syria to join Isis, becoming ‘poster girls’ for the group.

Austrian newspapers have reported that Samra was killed by the extremists after she tried to escape Raqqa, their main stronghold in Syria, however the Austrian government has not commented on the case.

Her friend Sabina, who was 15 when she travelled to Syria, was thought to have been killed in fighting last year.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/24/austr...th-for-trying-to-escape-5523817/?ito=facebook

ad_148420533-e1448386266894.jpg

ad_148420549-e1448386333548.jpg

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Austrian teenager who joined Isis is ‘beaten to death for trying to escape’

One of the two teenager girls who ran away from their home in Austria to join terror group Isis has reportedly been beaten to death after trying to flee their Syrian stronghold.

Samra Kesinovic, 17, left her Austrian home she shared with her parents in April 2014 and, along with friend Sabina Selimovic, travelled to Syria to join Isis, becoming ‘poster girls’ for the group.

Austrian newspapers have reported that Samra was killed by the extremists after she tried to escape Raqqa, their main stronghold in Syria, however the Austrian government has not commented on the case.

Her friend Sabina, who was 15 when she travelled to Syria, was thought to have been killed in fighting last year.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/24/austr...th-for-trying-to-escape-5523817/?ito=facebook

View attachment 70196

View attachment 70197

What a waste

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Given that local government has been forced to cut funding and services to groups over the past few years due to austerity,and seeing what sort of gatherings are occurring in this local gov funded centre if I was a resident of Walthamstow I would be asking for far more oversight and checks by local gov officials on what exactly is happening in places that are receiving taxpayer funds to operate, someone has deemed this centre as more preferential to receive funding over the services that have been cut all together, there should be triple checks and frequent reviews in place in all taxpayer funded places to make sure they are doing not only what they claim to be doing but also check they represent a value for the taxpayer that warrants taking funding from other services that have been abolished.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When the group set up their pergola in a Walthamstow shopping street, what was the message they were preaching? I guess it was not promoting racial/religious harmony? Were the Police made aware of this if it was the case?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
When the group set up their pergola in a Walthamstow shopping street, what was the message they were preaching? I guess it was not promoting racial/religious harmony? Were the Police made aware of this if it was the case?
It was Bethnal Green Road , and they were in the majority last time i was there, so I doubt the police would've been informed , and even if they were they'd have used ''discretion'' and decided it wasnt in the public interest to make arrests.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here