Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change the rules

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
If you could change one rule in football to make the game better. What would it be?

For me:

Minimise the amount of players you can have in a wall to 3 or 4. Not sure on the detail just putting it out there for the hell of it.

Rule of the thread.... You must give your opinion on previous post before you can suggest one. Break it and wear a palace shirt at the next home game.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Yeah but doesn't really make that much of a difference.

I would go for instead of throw ins, you pass the ball along the ground from the side, cannot go aerially though...

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Make goalkeepers take goal kicks from the same side as the ball went out, as it used to be.

Would save a lot of unnecessary time wasting.

Rules are made to be broken.

Last edited:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Make goalkeepers take goal kicks from the same side as the ball went out, as it used to be.

Would save a lot of unnecessary time wasting.

Like that one but... You broke the rule, palace shirt in the post for you to wear at Derby game.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No offsides, if a team has the guts to leave one man up the top goal hanging and not helping defensively then good for them. It may help us have a few more goals and no worries about being onside

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Yeah but doesn't really make that much of a difference.

I would go for instead of throw ins, you pass the ball along the ground from the side, cannot go aerially though...

Would certainly speed up play and works for quick free kicks

I would go for time keeping to be taken away from the referee and instead the stadium clock being stopped so everyone knows exactly how long is left

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
No offsides, if a team has the guts to leave one man up the top goal hanging and not helping defensively then good for them. It may help us have a few more goals and no worries about being onside

Crap idea. Loads of hoofing.

Need 80min 'game clock'. End time wasting.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Points for goals scored, so if you win 4-2 you get 4 points and they get 2. Would stop teams parking the bus and make it more interesting.

Like. Plus the existing points too?

Mine: Introduce the sin bin.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Points for goals scored, so if you win 4-2 you get 4 points and they get 2. Would stop teams parking the bus and make it more interesting.

But then they'res no point in winning, aka not letting the other team score. Everyone would just stick 11 up front.

Oh and another, retrospective diving can be punished.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Like. Plus the existing points too?

Mine: Introduce the sin bin.

Yes, if Barnsley are playing Brighton and then Crystal Palace, and Craig Davies scythes down Will Buckley to gain a yellow card, leading to a ban in the next match, it would mean that Crystal Palace benefit from the yellow card more than Brighton. In other words, it's best to punish a team in the match itself.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Would certainly speed up play and works for quick free kicks

I would go for time keeping to be taken away from the referee and instead the stadium clock being stopped so everyone knows exactly how long is left

I like that rule, but I'd have it where the referee stops play when the ball goes out/fouls/treatment. Would stop a lot of feigning injuries and be correct for the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here