change the backroom staff !!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

robinho55

Feb 28, 2009
With all the changes during the summer, new chairman, basically a whole new team, and virtually a new manager, why oh why has the backroom staff not changed.
we seem to be playing the same old clueless football we did for most of last season before russell slade arrived , which is not only awful to watch but does not get results.
if we are to get to falmer with a championship side/potential side we need good coaching/ tactics to get results and people back watching the albion playing good football. and winning!!
i have been a season ticket holder for 30 years and followied the team for 45 years, and last yr apart from the great escape was the worse i had ever seen, and having seen wallsall and brentford things do not bode well for this, plus the devestation at huddersfield.
Please please make these changes, otherwise in 2 years we will be playing in a quarter full superb stadium lacking any atmosphere and probably in div 2.

the only small ray of light is that our last biggest defeat 8-2 against bristol rovers, yes i was there and remember it well, is that it was at the beginning of the clubs most sucessfull period, a touch of deva-ju perhaps?

With all the changes during the summer, new chairman, basically a whole new team, and virtually a new manager, why oh why has the backroom staff not changed.
we seem to be playing the same old clueless football we did for most of last season before russell slade arrived , which is not only awful to watch but does not get results.
if we are to get to falmer with a championship side/potential side we need good coaching/ tactics to get results and people back watching the albion playing good football. and winning!!
i have been a season ticket holder for 30 years and followied the team for 45 years, and last yr apart from the great escape was the worse i had ever seen, and having seen wallsall and brentford things do not bode well for this, plus the devestation at huddersfield.
Please please make these changes, otherwise in 2 years we will be playing in a quarter full superb stadium lacking any atmosphere and probably in div 2.

the only small ray of light is that our last biggest defeat 8-2 against bristol rovers, yes i was there and remember it well, is that it was at the beginning of the clubs most sucessfull period, a touch of deva-ju perhaps?

The backroom staff has been changed; as the current manager wanted.

Coaching Staff follow up - North Stand Chat

robinho55

Feb 28, 2009
should have included white and booker as they seem a bit of a common denominator all the way through.plus where is the passion that slade said would be seen from day 1 this season.
the key to a good management team is the abilty to get the most from your workers/ players . have not seen much of that this season or most of last.
just look at burnley what they have achieved with a sound structure throughout the club, & proves money isnt everything. and in our case cannot be, hence the need for a quality management structure.
dont get me wrong white and booker have done good things in past but now a good time to move on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Rather than spend time repeating myself, I'll coipy and post from the other thread about this...

Coaching Staff follow up - North Stand Chat

Not sure I like the reply. Slade had had plenty opportunity to see the way things ran behind the scenes before he gave that quote to the argus, if he was happy with it he wouldn't have talked about it.

The change to the medical staff was said to be the biggest change, suggesting there would be other changes. Yet the only additions have been the physio set up.

I don't know, perhaps I am reading too much into it, but seems like slade had this idea of changes and was told no.

Hasn't it occurred to you that it is the manager that makes this sort of decision?

He hasn't decided to make the changes you want so presumably he is happy with the people you obviously don't rate.

Or maybe you think these decisions should be based on the amount of uninformed rubbish posted on NSC?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Booker and White are good people and Albion through and through, they do a terrific job for this club and I am sure Slade has been suitably impressed by their work to keep them.

Now change the record, this is getting tiresome.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The higher White has gone up the Albion ladder the worse we have become, it's one of Ernest's facts that don't lie.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
it does still seem a bit non league.

slade did talk after the stockport game last yeat about how he wanted to revamp the set-up from top to bottom. seems only fair to assume we was talking about all aspects including white and booker's roles. white would probably be okay running the reserves but booker is a clown. from us to pease pottage and back again. just outlines how booker and wilkins must be thought of within the game - one gets a new job at southampton after scouting for fulham, the other ends up at pease pottage in the sussex county league.

seems odd slade didn't get to bring in his own assistant. this always seems to happen with us - does anybody know if other clubs do this?

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
So the questions you are asking are:

Does Slade have full authority over the hiring/firing all coaching staff?

Answer: Yes.

End of conversation.

So given last season's struggle and the poor start so far (yes I know it's very early) are you satisfied with the team's perfomance over that period?

Assuming not what is your diagnosis of the problem(s) at the club?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Perhaps Tony Bloom doesn't want to have to be paying off Bodger and Badger and whoever Slade would then bring in when he sacks him in two weeks time?

:jester:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Let Slade choose ........not us ! Thats his job.

I totally agree with you. If I was confident that the two of them were his choice, and he had not been forced to keep them and not allowed someone of his own choice, then "on his head be it" as they say.

Personally, I believe that if Tony Bloom wants to make some money by buying promising youngsters, developing them and then selling them no for a profit (which is how the best lower league clubs work), we need some real quality in our coaching staff to do the development. It would be foolish to expect Russell slade to do it all by himself, or with the two mentioned plus Tinselhead as well. Did I not see somewhere that the new goalkeeping coach was having to chip-in with outfield set piece coaching?

Dean Wilkins may not have been a good Manager (that is not proven either way), but he was a bloody good coach by all accounts, and we have struggled since he left the Club.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
they have been at the club fart oo longer and are not hungary enough, we shoudl get back DEAN WILKINS (lovely!) because he was here TWENTY (20!) years and has expereince of being youth coach which is esenital to bee a manger as you then see lots of young boys in thier shorts.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
they have been at the club fart oo longer and are not hungary enough, we shoudl get back DEAN WILKINS (lovely!) because he was here TWENTY (20!) years and has expereince of being youth coach which is esenital to bee a manger as you then see lots of young boys in thier shorts.

Just because they have been at the club a long time doesnt mean they are no longer up for the job

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Booker and White are a major problem moving forward, they just simply will not improve players and make them better players.So unless you are spending big money, on proven quality, then there is a problem.Another problem is even if we were signing players, at the top end of market, they would not i suspect, want to work under Booker and White anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports