Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chances of snow affecting travel after Fulham game tomorrow night?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the downs will see some settled snow. Tonight is tricky - there's reports of snow in Hampshire, probably as part of the snow shown here

View attachment 104208

My concern is that the rain is fragmenting and it will have decreased in intensity before any cold air gets a chance to undercut.

Thursday looks a different beast altogether, with frontal snow from the SW into colder air. We may see some heavy snow from that, but that will probably turn to rain as the front pushes further north. For us the ideal would be for the occluded front to stay further south than currently forecast, stopping milder air from reaching us, but that does have the risk of missing it!

Thanks. As a lifelong snow lover, I remember all the way back to the mid 70’s, several events of occluded fronts passing through the channel, with SE England clearly on the north side and so receiving great dumps of snow. As you intimate, we need that precipitation, meeting already very cold air.

MeteoGroup’s detailed forecast seem so clear that there will no settled snow for this part of the world.

I hope they’re wrong.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Still nowt doing on the railway front, a couple of non snow related issues but no show stoppers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here