Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chances of Conway coming back after his loan spell expires?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
last game of his loan this w/e.

Reading this article I can't help thinking he may be challenging for a place in the Cardiff team. He has got fit and now looks quality as his loan comes to an end.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10871219.Barnes_hopes_loan_star_returns/

Thoughts?

I really think that after this Saturday's game we should say to him, thanks for everything Craig, and wish him a fond farewell. Yes he is a good player, with with KLL fit again, and Buckley on the opposite wing, he is sadly surplus to requirements.

Oscar, (Like Gus before him), will normally only start with one wide man on the pitch, so having three top class wingers at the club all pressing for a start, is one too many in my humble opinion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Conway has done well. What I'd really like to see is KLL and Buckley both come back and do as well, if not better, as they both need to deliver on a consistent basis. I'd be happy to see Conway back but only if one or both of KLL/Buckley isn't contributing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I really think that after this Saturday's game we should say to him, thanks for everything Craig, and wish him a fond farewell. Yes he is a good player, with with KLL fit again, and Buckley on the opposite wing, he is sadly surplus to requirements.

Oscar, (Like Gus before him), will normally only start with one wide man on the pitch, so having three top class wingers at the club all pressing for a start, is one too many in my humble opinion.

Until both Buckley and LuaLua are injured which seems to be quite often.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to say he did have a slow start but has been getting better and better culminating in the Leicester game. Even taking that into account, fail to see how he is behind Noone!!!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
One good game. Has been pony the rest of the time.

Here is an accurate graphical representation of his time at Brighton

conways graph.jpg

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Ah well, I seem to be in the minority, that's fair enough it's a game of opinions.

As soon as I found out what number he was wearing, the writing was on the wall.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Not convinced 2 VERY injury prone wingers who might sometimes be on the pitch together is really enough cover.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Your joking right?, he was absolutely toilet at QPR.

"Absolutely toilet" may be a technical term which is new to me, but from where I was sitting at Loftus Road (front row of the away stand) he seemed to have a pretty good game, and made a difference (especially when you take account of the fact that he was completely new to the team). Since then, I agree he has improved, but my point was that he wasn't that bad to start with.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Who do we use when KLL and Buckley are injured, often at the same time? Both spend more time injured than playing so it'd be a bit cavalier not to have decent cover long term.

March? Is he up to being played in most games, if necessary, on what we hope will be a play off charge?

Not holding my breath on Orlandi either

Nah, we do need Conway back and should make it a high priority imo.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would be a great Jan signing IMHO. We need 4 wingers minimum, especially with Will and Kaz's injury records.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I have a bad feeling about Orlandi. If his knee keeps swelling up,it might need another operation,or worse.Conway would add something if that was the case IMO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would be a great Jan signing IMHO. We need 4 wingers minimum, especially with Will and Kaz's injury records.

Wahey something we agree on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here