Championship Rivals and Our Players (and lazy journalists)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm probably a bit prejudiced as I do read the paper version and am repeatedly annoyed by Louise Taylor. She gets given everything that relates to Newcastle, Sunderland and 'Boro, regardless of who they are playing and writes it all in a one sided fashion that puts their importance and interests above the rest of the country's. As you say, acceptable if she was working for a local, but she isn't and the paper doesn't have an equivalent South Coast correspondent writing about us So'ton and Bournemouth.

In that case I will bow down to your increased knowledge of her.

However, as a North East Football Correspondent she is probably spot on! The paper is at fault for not getting a Southern one.

I'm probably a bit prejudiced in the fact that I have got so annoyed with people saying how we were robbed etc. that I have tried to pick holes in anything anyone complains about!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If all that is expected from broadsheet sports journalism is 'What a relegated big team should do is take players from the teams that finished third and fourth' then any fool who rings 606 could do it.

If the object of your ire had only referred to potential Championship transfer targets then you may have had a valid point. As that was only one seventh of her article then you don't. Bees and bonnets spring to mind.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If the object of your ire had only referred to potential Championship transfer targets then you may have had a valid point. As that was only one seventh of her article then you don't. Bees and bonnets spring to mind.

I didn't raise the rest of her article as it didn't assume the same sense of entitlement. However, as you bring it up, it is colour by numbers stuff that Naylor has done regularly about the Albion over the last few seasons. You seem keen to champion it. Each to their own.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I didn't raise the rest of her article as it didn't assume the same sense of entitlement. However, as you bring it up, it is colour by numbers stuff that Naylor has done regularly about the Albion over the last few seasons. You seem keen to champion it. Each to their own.

As you say, each to their own; you stick with your confirmational bias.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
i have read the Owlstalk thread on this also. And no one is really suggesting that they will be able to buy these players off us, more that they would like them.
Depsite what people think of Forisitieri... would i have him as our no10. Damn right i would, are we going to bid... no chance because its not going to happen

They are very much like us, absolutely no intention of selling to a championship rival.

Fans can say what they want online. We have no say in who we sell or sign.

Wednesday fans and others may want our players. But rival managers may not have any interest.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As you say, each to their own; you stick with your confirmational bias.

You mean confirmation bias and you could just disagree without suggesting that someone else's logical reasoning is fallacious.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You mean confirmation bias and you could just disagree without suggesting that someone else's logical reasoning is fallacious.

Ah, I understand now. What appeared to be simply a mild obsession on your part is in truth not trivial but rather an altogether deeper and more complex problem.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Ah, I understand now. What appeared to be simply a mild obsession on your part is in truth not trivial but rather an altogether deeper and more complex problem.

You don't agree with my original post. I get that and I really don't mind.

I'm only disagreeing with you on this one issue. Let's not insult each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports