Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship player of the season so far....

Championship POTS so far...

• Dwight Gayle

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Lewis Dunk

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • Jamal Lascelles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anthony Knockaert

Votes: 90 51.4%
  • Tom Cairney

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Glenn Murray

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Tom Ince

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A different player (please specify who)

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Knockaert is the best player in the division but has not been the best player on form thus far, and understandably so due to personal circumstance.

Has to be Dunk surely but like others have said, will probably go to Gayle or Shelvey.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Gayle is a shoe in for this... dont know if thats the right call. Difficult to know when you only see opposition players a few times a season.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Lewis Dunk-gets better every season,must be worth a mint on the transfer market.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Obviously this is going to be biased towards Albion players. My logic is that you go for the best attacker in the best attack in the division or the best defender in the best defence. So I've gone for Dunk over Gayle (as I am a Brighton fan and we are currently top).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
A month ago I would have said Gayle was a shoo-in, and Shelvey will be right up there - and I've always thought that we are a team whereas others have a few superstar individuals - but its certainly the case that Knockaert has burst out of the pack in the last month and his personal story adds to the legend of this season

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'd personally fgive it to Conor Hourihane - looking like he could end the season with 10 goals and 20 assists (6/11 currently). Phenomenal record really.

However I think it'll be between Knockeart & Gayle.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Knocky or Gayle.

As others have said though, Gayle will win it because he's Newcastle. I also fully expect Rafa to win manager of the year even if they finish second.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see how Knockaert is out in front on this given his dip in form following the tragic loss of his father.

I believe he is the most dangerous player in the division but in terms of quality and consistency over the whole season so far it has to be the finishing of Dwight Gayle versus the sheer defensive quality of Dunk - I think Dunk shades it.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Not a lot between Dunk and Duffy but for me Duffy slightly edges it. His performances are consistently dominant and strikers don't get anything out of him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dunk for me. Far more consistent than Knockaert.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd personally fgive it to Conor Hourihane - looking like he could end the season with 10 goals and 20 assists (6/11 currently). Phenomenal record really.

However I think it'll be between Knockeart & Gayle.
Yeah I agree.

Hourihane, Shelvey, Dunk in that order I reckon.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Hourihane has been terrific in a middling side, and perhaps deserves it.

Dunk or Knockaert would be worthy winners - you could make a strong case for either.

Shelvey is probably the single most 'important' player (to his side) but surely denying your team your services for 8-10 games over the season through being a prick, rules you out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here