Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship next season

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming Brum go down we'll start next season in 6th.

We're in trouble outside a play off spot if Villa get relegated, it could be a long season.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Looks like being a really interesting division again. Obviously want us to go up but won't be gutted if we don't. I've been enjoying the championship. It feels like promotion one day is inevitable but whilst FFP settles down, I'll be happy if we're in or near the mix each season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Assuming Brum go down we'll start next season in 6th.

We're in trouble outside a play off spot if Villa get relegated, it could be a long season.

FFS!!! :lolol::lolol: Made me laugh out loud........ I'm not sure I can get through the next 7 days or Summer, without worrying whether we can hold on to 6th at the start......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS!!! :lolol::lolol: Made me laugh out loud........ I'm not sure I can get through the next 7 days or Summer, without worrying whether we can hold on to 6th at the start......
It'll be tough.

Out of a play-off place for 3 months.
The JCL's will be very twitchy come August.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Plus we will see the true impact of FFP - meaning we can either get Uncle Tony to throw everything he has at improving the squad, or all the other clubs being soundly chastised and panicking!

I love this league :heart:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Plus we will see the true impact of FFP - meaning we can either get Uncle Tony to throw everything he has at improving the squad, or all the other clubs being soundly chastised and panicking!

I love this league :heart:

We will not see FFP benefits, the league will bottle it big time.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
We will not see FFP benefits, the league will bottle it big time.

Exactly, therefore all those millions we didn't lose this season we can blow next season!

I'm sure Tony is itching to lose another slice of his fortune.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sunderland are staying up unfortunately. In related news - how the hell are Southampton still holding onto their star players? Surely the biggest mystery in the world of football since Glenn Murray went to Palace.

Well paid, playing every week and now established in the top half of the PL. The grass is not always greener elsewhere.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Well paid, playing every week and now established in the top half of the PL. The grass is not always greener elsewhere.

See Lewis Grabban....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cardiff: all that effort to get promoted and now they are back down again!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cardiff: all that effort to get promoted and now they are back down again!

Doubt if Caulker they signed from Spurs will stay. Zahaha will return to Man Utd. Kenwyn Jones will end up at a long ball team (probably Palace) :whistle:

Think Cardiff will be find it a tricky transition, this time after relegation. I think Norwich could be quite strong if they retain their better players, Fulham seem to have an OK manager.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Wolves will still be receiving parachute payments from their premiership demise, so having sorted themselves out financially will be one of the big hitters back in the championship next season. Doesn't seem like a level playing field, especially when you think about poor little Yeovil.

Do they get parachute payments for 3 seasons?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No 2 seasons only

They have 2 seasons of payments left which I think are £8M per season (The total payout is £48M over the course of 4 seasons). The latest deal for clubs relegated from the Premier League is a £60M payout spread over 4 seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here