Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship fixtures 28/12/14

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Genuinely didn't realise Leeds were doing so badly until I checked the table today. Surely the entire football world would go into mourning if they were to go down to L1?

#prayforLeeds

:lolol:

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
So, changing manager gives you impetus, does it? Can someone tell me, then, why teams going for the title don't change their manager with a couple of games to go, just to get that "initial surge" to get them over the line? If only Liverpool had sacked Rodgers near the end of last season, they'd have won the title….

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So, changing manager gives you impetus, does it? Can someone tell me, then, why teams going for the title don't change their manager with a couple of games to go, just to get that "initial surge" to get them over the line? If only Liverpool had sacked Rodgers near the end of last season, they'd have won the title….

Context, context, context.........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Blackpool are a bad example because they're poorly run, by an owner who appointed Paul Ince not all that long ago. They are in a bad place because of his systematic stupidity and ego (the owner, rather than Paul Ince!), and signing a load of tosh players with a week to go before the season kicks off. They are in the sort of turmoil that some Brighton "fans" would have you believe that we're in, behind the scenes. It's complete rubbish and the board backing their manager by not sacking him because the fans kicking and screaming was the right thing to do, in order to avoid ending up like Leeds and sacking their manager every time a fan is having a bad day and wants a little cry.

It remains to be seen how a new manager will affect us, but what nobody can argue is that Hyypia did a particularly poor job as manager.

Not sure why you used them then?

But, yes something we can agree on, thankfully we are not at that stage.

Top 10 squad for me, bottom 3 manager in Hyypia, still need to strengthen though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not sure why you used them then?

But, yes something we can agree on, thankfully we are not at that stage.

Top 10 squad for me, bottom 3 manager in Hyypia, still need to strengthen though.

Because I was making a particularly poor point, badly. :lolol:

We have a good enough squad with the right direction and guidance (maybe a little bit of coaching?) we'll climb the table and cheer up the more sensitive souls on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here