Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship dark horses this season

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
If we can resign Bobby &..

...Orlandi, Murray, Bridcutt, Buckley, Spanish Dave, Kemy, Ulloa, Ward, Hammond, Barnes, Koosh & Noone, I think we'll be 'there or there abouts'.

Or maybe Vicente........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or maybe Vicente........

Good point.

If we get the band back together we'll wee-wee all over the whole division...

...just like last time :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can see Bristol City struggling actually. Brentford and Wolves looked good last season, but Wolves are likely to lose Bakary Sako, which would be a massive loss. Not sure about Brentford without Warburton at the helm.

I can see Bolton overachieving a bit. I can't say I'm an admirer, but Neil Lennon has a lot to prove, and managed to steer them well clear of trouble last season. They've just signed Gary Madine who is was a bit shìt for Sheff Weds* but could be the sort of player who needed a move to another club to reignite his career perhaps, if he's hungry enough.

* :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Us , many will think we'll be the same as last season. :shit:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I've got a horrible,horrible feeling MK Dons will go well

if Pearson takes the Sheff Wed job they could figure

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
MK Dons are going nowhere, their top pair of strikers (with 38 between) are back from where they were loaned from & they have a budget of bottom 3 in division in line with their previous strategy of low spend

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
TBH, you could call any one of the 24 as dark horses. This must be as open a division as has been for a long time. The relegated teams do not look strong, and promoted teams could feature.

Not sure I agree about Brentford. I am marking them down for post Warburton blues. Living in Bristol, can say there is a quiet confidence about City; winning is a good habit as several promoted teams have shown recently.

With OP on Charlton. They had a terrible run post Xmas without which they would easily have been in POs. Finished season well.

What about relegation dark horses - usually someone craps out from nowhere just as another finds unexpected form. Last season saw two PO contestants from previous season scrapping it out for relegation. Could we see same again? I can see only Rotherham as likely strugglers.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I would be very happy if we ended halfway. I think CH will need to gradually build. He cannot replace a whole team all at once. Very happy with Kayal who should be made captain. Winners could be Derby.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would be very happy if we ended halfway. I think CH will need to gradually build. He cannot replace a whole team all at once. Very happy with Kayal who should be made captain. Winners could be Derby.
The club has aspirations of the prem like many clubs....if hooton flops and the footballs shite then he'll be gone before the following season.
His tactics and negativity is the big issue...Not convinced by him and expecting a 18th place finish with him being sacked at some point this coming season.

Hope he proves many wrong and we score more than one pathetic goal per game....guess you never know

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here