Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Championship away days

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We've clearly done the same shitholes :lolol:

Codner 1-0 game? That was epic. Or, at least, I was epically drunk.

8DFA73B5-6160-4271-B573-AF8B79F73A9E.jpeg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We've clearly done the same shitholes :lolol:

Codner 1-0 game? That was epic. Or, at least, I was epically drunk.

I think it was 1995, I know we lost.

I do remember this was the first time I had a Pukka pie, this was before every chip shop in the South sold them.
And the gents in the away end was worse than the one behind the North Stand :) The kiosk selling the pies wasn’t next to the toilet though. :)

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yes the West Brom fans I have met have been decent.

I'd second this, WBA really make an effort to include all fans in their outside social area near
the ground and I liked the club.

Unlike Man City who have no bars or social areas for away fans until the ground opens. But
home fans have lovely facilities.

Fuc***g disgraceful that you head out the ground in the middle of nowhere to be turned away almost.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I fancy Huddersfield, went to university there and had to leave in a rush in March. Lots of great pubs and lots of friends to see.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
The ones I met after our 2-0 win in the League Cup in 1976 weren't too :friendly, they really didn't like being schooled by a 3rd Division team.
That's not how I remember it. Quite a few of our supporters on the train home had their scarves as souvenirs after a few rucks after the game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'd second this, WBA really make an effort to include all fans in their outside social area near
the ground and I liked the club.

Unlike Man City who have no bars or social areas for away fans until the ground opens. But
home fans have lovely facilities.

Fuc***g disgraceful that you head out the ground in the middle of nowhere to be turned away almost.

I did go to the outside area you mention, I would have enjoyed it more if the weather was warmer that day, definitely a good idea though with no problems getting a pint or something to eat.
The concourse in the away end looked chaotic when I went in.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Forest, Brentford, QPR, Bournemouth done them all before and had great days, maybe Norwich and Bristol City as not been before. Depends which will be weekend fixtures.

Don't fancy going back to some of the Northern outposts.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
West Brom for me, never been to the Hawthorns. The only other ground in the current PL I’ve not been to is SJP, I guess that’ll have to wait for a cup game, or till we are both in the same league again.
Last time I went to West Brom we had to dodge a hail of bottles I wouldn’t bother mate.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
That's not how I remember it. Quite a few of our supporters on the train home had their scarves as souvenirs after a few rucks after the game.

Oh yes, I didn't mean to give the impression that Brighton took a hiding, just that the West Brom fans were looking for a ruck.
I organised a coach from The Hungry Years and we were well up for it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Lincoln and Coventry for me as I used to live in both. Ipswich if they somehow squeak into the Championship, which is highly doubtful.

Both Brentford and Coventry have new grounds. Thing is I liked both Griffin Park and Highfield Road. So sort of things to look forward to.

Coventry are currently playing home games at Birmingham City’s ground.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Coventry are currently playing home games at Birmingham City’s ground.

Oh of course, scratch that then, I've been to St. Andrews twice before!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Oh yes, I didn't mean to give the impression that Brighton took a hiding, just that the West Brom fans were looking for a ruck.
I organised a coach from The Hungry Years and we were well up for it.
Strange pub coach trip location. I went up on one of the Seagull Specials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here