Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship automatic promotion

theboybilly

Much too early to call yet as teams are still settling in. 5 games gone and we have 13 points but it could so easily have been just 7. A last minute penalty at Fulham after Albion totally dominated the first half, Blackburn gave us a few scares as did Ipswich despite a brilliant away performance. Brighton have been a revelation thus far in comparison to last season (and I'm loving watching every minute) but it's so early in the season. Boro, Derby, Hull, Ipswich and a few others will be there or thereabouts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is an average so the two wins we have already would allow us to lose 3 away games or 1 home not getting a point and we would still be on course.or just ahead of it.
So in other words, the route to automatic promotion is 92 points total for the 46 games. Nothing to do with winning at home and drawing away.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
2 points a game was Mickey Adam's adage. How you get them is neither here nor there. Lose the first 15 and win the next 31 would more than do it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure we will aim at it, were top after all! Just don't think we have enough over a 46 game season...

At some point we'll be without Baldock and Hemed at the same time I guess, so we'll be relying on Elvis and Zamora to play 90 minutes each match.

Which means we'll need a way back for Colunga, or hope that Hambo really is Zlatan.

I think the top priority now is to replace Colunga, hopefully with a 93 day loan for Leo to take us up to the January window, when ( if he's not sold then by Leicester ) we can convert it into a full season loan.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Best prices:
9/1 - winner
9/2 - automatic promotion
3/1 - promotion
9/4 - make the playoffs
1/1 - top six
2/7 - top twelve
4/7 - top two on 1st Oct