Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship 6th place stats, last ten seasons.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
70 pts= Twice
73 pts= Twice
74 pts= Once
75 pts= Four times.

History suggests 75pts will almost certainly be enough to finish 6th. It has been for the last ten seasons. What will the total be this year?
Also 86.6pts is the average amount of points, for 2nd place over the last ten seasons. Although I think it will be slightly less this year.
I personally think 73 pts will be enough for 6th now and 84pts for 2nd.
Thoughts???

So, by your reckoning we will need 28 points from our last 16 games to get into the play-offs - that's 1.75 points per game, which is quite achievable. To get automatic promotion we shall need 42 points, or 2.63 points per game - personally I think that's too much.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So, by your reckoning we will need 28 points from our last 16 games to get into the play-offs - that's 1.75 points per game, which is quite achievable. To get automatic promotion we shall need 42 points, or 2.63 points per game - personally I think that's too much.

No, I said I think 84 will be enough for someone to go up in 2nd place. That would be another 39pts, which would be 2.43pts per game. But yes, still to much in my opinion. But 6th is very achievable, home form is the key from here on in, we must win our home games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
70+ will probably be enough this season given how competitive the league is.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So if 75 is the magical figure, where do people reckon we're going to get 30 points from the remaining games. Personally think we'll fall just short with 27 which will give us 72, but hopefully that may still be enough. Long range predictions I know and loads can change, but right now....

Blackburn - H = 3
Cardiff - A = 0
Burnley - H = 1
Huddersfield - H = 3
Brizzle City - A = 3
Bolton - A - 1
Barnsley - A = 3
Palace - H = 1 (I know, I'm sorry)
Forest - A = 1
Charlton - H = 3
Leicester - H = 1
M'boro - A = 0
P'boro - A = 3
Blackpool - H = 1
Leeds - A = 0
Wolves - H = 3

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well the league is bloody tight and competitive - possibly the most close the league has ever been - anything could happen.

Which to be fair, normally means less points, as everyone is taking them off each other. 75 will be enough for 6th of that i'm certain. Maybe even 5th or 4th.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So if 75 is the magical figure, where do people reckon we're going to get 30 points from the remaining games. Personally think we'll fall just short with 27 which will give us 72, but hopefully that may still be enough. Long range predictions I know and loads can change, but right now....

Blackburn - H = 3
Cardiff - A = 0
Burnley - H = 1
Huddersfield - H = 3
Brizzle City - A = 3
Bolton - A - 1
Barnsley - A = 3
Palace - H = 1 (I know, I'm sorry)
Forest - A = 1
Charlton - H = 3
Leicester - H = 1
M'boro - A = 0
P'boro - A = 3
Blackpool - H = 1
Leeds - A = 0
Wolves - H = 3

You couldn't hand pick a better last four games(well ok you could) but that's a very fare run in. Posh should be down, Blackpool and Leeds will have nothing to play for, hopefully Wolves will be safe or down by then, one or the other.

Windows

Feb 8, 2013
Hove
I'm pretty hopeful of getting 73 points by the end of the season with our current team.

Getting promoted from the playoff is another matter, but miracles do happen sometimes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think we might just squeeze in the play- offs

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
70 pts= Twice
73 pts= Twice
74 pts= Once
75 pts= Four times.

History suggests 75pts will almost certainly be enough to finish 6th. It has been for the last ten seasons. What will the total be this year?
Also 86.6pts is the average amount of points, for 2nd place over the last ten seasons. Although I think it will be slightly less this year.
I personally think 73 pts will be enough for 6th now and 84pts for 2nd.
Thoughts???

1) Tuesday is MASSIVE.

2) Fail to win and our season is O.V.E.R.

3) This league is too unpredictable (Exhibit A: Yesterday's results) to try and figure out who is going to be in the playoffs with how many points.

4) We might get in, we might not.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Slight contradiction there

Sorry Tim, is was more a nod at those who were ready to throw in the towel if we failed to win yesterday and Tuesday.

I should have distinguished between the sensible (3 and 4) and piss-taking (1 and 2) points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here