Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Champions of Europe, we know what we are!"

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
West Ham are clearly still on a high after winning the Europa Conference League last season, with their repeated songs about being Champions of Europe etc.

But does winning the third tier European competition really make you Champions of Europe? Or is it like the winners of League One claiming to be Champions of England?

IF we were to win the Europa League, would you consider us to be the champions of Europe?

Or perhaps I'm still feeling bitter after yesterday...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we won the Europa, I’d prefer we sang ‘Europa Champions’ rather than ‘Champions of Europe’.

Of course, West Ham can’t sing something like that because ‘Europa Conference Mickey Mouse Competition Champions’ does not scan.

I’m still bitter too.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
How many clubs win any kind of trophy, never mind a European one?

It might not be factually accurate but since when have terrace chants ever been factually accurate? Are we all actually singing a song or marching along, when we sing Sussex by the Sea?

C’mon, let them have their fun, they deserve it because they actually earned it and we’ve had much worse fans (Luton) sing things to get really annoyed about.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Can we start singing ‘champions of England’? I’m sure we won the community shield back in the day.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
We would sing it if it was us. It's a bit annoying though as they sang it constantly and their Essex accents are triggering. I don't like the last bit of the song where they say "it will never be you" with the way we are going as a club, then winning a Euro trophy is not out of the question especially the version they won.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I was sitting very close to them in the east stand and their fans were in great spirits. It is amazing what a few wins does when as recently as April they wanted moyes out because of the horrific football!

we would sing the same so it didn’t bother me a bit.

When we will the Europa I will be all over it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They won the papa johns trophy of europe
I thought it was the Lidl can of watery emulsion cup?

First time I heard it, I remembered they'd won . . . So thanks for that as I'd forgotten already. . . But after 47 seconds it became a bit tiresome. Not very imaginative are they.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's like an American club claiming to win the World Series. Sounds daft as we know scores of European sides are better than West Ham

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Factually they’re correct. They won the competition they were in which is a fantastic achievement. Only bitter jealous rivals would deny them their fun and pride in that.
Is it correct?or does that mean
Factually they’re correct. They won the competition they were in which is a fantastic achievement. Only bitter jealous rivals would deny them their fun and pride in that.
Is it correct?are the Johnson’s paint trophy winners correct to call themselves champions of England?
Manchester City are the champions of Europe
Well done to West Ham for winning a European competition but factually they are not champions of Europe,just saying.
I am on the spectrum though so only black and white for me

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They quite clearly DON'T know what they are, bunch of clowns.

Are they going to be singing that at the Etihad ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here