Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Champions League - Round of 16 Draw

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bayern just got the first goal of the leg, to put them two-up in their tie.
Unless Mbappe or Messi can revive a sleepy PSG, it's bye-bye to them.
Edit: just a cracking save by Sommer denying Ramos

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Similar to Chelsea, would have been nice for Spurs to be distracted by Europe for a little while longer.

Ah well, we can overhaul them anyway, they look shite.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Conte is done at Spurs which concerns me a lot re RDZ
Watching tonight, I genuinely thought RDZ is exactly the type of manager they need.

Hopefully the tight as a ducks arse scrooge Levy would be a massive turn off. Especially with Kane likely doing a bunk soon.

And he could always call Conte who youd hope would talk him out of it too.

No ambition club.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Watching tonight, I genuinely thought RDZ is exactly the type of manager they need.

Hopefully the tight as a ducks arse scrooge Levy would be a massive turn off. Especially with Kane likely doing a bunk soon.

No ambition club.
I don't see Spurs as a step up from us. We've as good a shot as them at making Europe next season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

No ambition club.
Nah.... Rubbish squad. Conte doing a good job getting them 4th.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If RdZ is as smart as we think he is, he won't be going to Spurs. His entire game is based on goalkeepers and CBs being able to play the ball out from the back. He'll need to overhaul those positions if he goes to Spurs. He'll also know that, as good as Spurs' strikers are, the key two are now in or fast approaching their 30s, and look as though they're to some extent on the wane.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't see Spurs as a step up from us. We've as good a shot as them at making Europe next season.
Their current squad isn't as good as ours, even though they have the best striker and the second best Asian player in the league. That said, they are a big club with a stadium that holds twice as many as ours, and they do have money.

But honestly, I don't think Bloom would let RDZ go to any club at the moment. What sort of message does it send to the players if the manager is allowed to walk after barely a few months here? He'd be allowed to go next summer I think, so Spurs will just have to re-appoint Harry Redknapp until June 2024 if they don't want Conte anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here