Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions League Of Darts

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Perhaps darts fans these day think slow play is gamesmanship and they intend to do it whereas its their natural game. Think a lot of players who get abuse (Manley, King , Hankey etc) get it as they are known to react where as Pipe hardly reacts though can remember him last time I saw him speed up his game and virtually give up which was unlike him.
Yeh I think he was trying something different but wasn't like him I agree. There's a huge difference between a slow throw and a player deliberately slowing down an opponent like Sulovic does. Most pros don't have an issue with slow throws - more with tactics that some try and do..!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No mention of this news on the BDO website, but they do mention the BDO Players Championship starting in just over 2 weeks has now been cancelled due to no TV deal being in place.

It is an amateur organisation that is holding the sport back. Shambles.

As you say embarrassing, pulling a tournament a couple of weeks before due to no TV coverage, they've even gone as far as on the website offering players refunds for their travel arrangements.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As you say embarrassing, pulling a tournament a couple of weeks before due to no TV coverage, they've even gone as far as on the website offering players refunds for their travel arrangements.

24 hours later still nothing on their website. A silence that speaks volumes.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Will the BBC trailer for the darts feature early 1990's footage of Phil Taylor to the strains of Peters and Lee singing "Welcome Home" with the strap line 'The Power's been restored after 20 years"?

This is Barry Hearn we're talking about, the man who took Snooker Loopy to No 6 in the Hit Parade.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Yeh I think he was trying something different but wasn't like him I agree. There's a huge difference between a slow throw and a player deliberately slowing down an opponent like Sulovic does. Most pros don't have an issue with slow throws - more with tactics that some try and do..!

I was just going to say that for all the stick he gets I don't think Pipe is actually that slow and I certainly wouldn't begrudge a player playing at their natural pace. Sulovic on the other hand can be embarrassing when he tries to disrupt other people's rhythm.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Will the BBC trailer for the darts feature early 1990's footage of Phil Taylor to the strains of Peters and Lee singing "Welcome Home" with the strap line 'The Power's been restored after 20 years"?

This is Barry Hearn we're talking about, the man who took Snooker Loopy to No 6 in the Hit Parade.

Hit Parade lol! It would be brilliant if the opening match was Taylor vs Barneveld, and commentator was Tony Green. It'd be the darting equivalent of the Bobby Ewing "shower scene" in Dallas, the previous 25 years erased from history.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Hit Parade lol! It would be brilliant if the opening match was Taylor vs Barneveld, and commentator was Tony Green. It'd be the darting equivalent of the Bobby Ewing "shower scene" in Dallas, the previous 25 years erased from history.

I think there's more chance of rotund former MC Martin 'Lets Play Darts' Fitzmaurice opening up with "What's black and loves bananas?" than there is of Tony Green calling the action.

Colin Murray, Vassos Alexander and John Rawling might survive but I think we've seen the last of Tony Green and unfortunately Bobby George given his long held views on the PDC.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was just going to say that for all the stick he gets I don't think Pipe is actually that slow and I certainly wouldn't begrudge a player playing at their natural pace. Sulovic on the other hand can be embarrassing when he tries to disrupt other people's rhythm.

Yep agreed. Justin doesn't do tactics like some do. Always the same rhythm. I think a few have pointed out he's only slightly slower than Taylor - and people don't really consider Taylor particularly slow!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here