Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chambers

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He took out a full page ad in the Daily Echo to say 'thank you' to the Saints fans after demanding a transfer to Liverpool. Some Saints fans I know thought that was a crass thing to do.

Feel free to correct me, as you are from the area.

But wasn't there a report of him slagging of Southampton and the fans as well? Having a quick read on the Soton forum indicates he wouldn't be that welcome back?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I think he's an excellent player. But there's something about him that makes me wonder- I've no real idea why- if, personality-wise, he might be a bit of a tool.

Anyone ever met the bloke? Can our Hampshire residents confirm if Lallana had a reputation locally for being up himself?
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION]

Anyone who persists with attemting a hipster beard when clearly unable to grow one to an acceptable standard is at the very least a suspected tool. The man might be a saint but he looks like a pubescent Rasputin.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think he's an excellent player. But there's something about him that makes me wonder- I've no real idea why- if, personality-wise, he might be a bit of a tool.

Anyone ever met the bloke? Can our Hampshire residents confirm if Lallana had a reputation locally for being up himself?
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION]

As you know, my 16 year-old lad is often at the Saints training ground, officiating junior matches. He reports that Lallana (along with most of them to be fair) was always unfailingly polite, and always had time for everyone - gateman, stewards, U-12 players, junior referees, etc.

Saints fans are a bit bitter over the manner of his departure, but from everything I've ever seen or heard locally, he really is one of the good guys.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
As you know, my 16 year-old lad is often at the Saints training ground, officiating junior matches. He reports that Lallana (along with most of them to be fair) was always unfailingly polite, and always had time for everyone - gateman, stewards, U-12 players, junior referees, etc.

Saints fans are a bit bitter over the manner of his departure, but from everything I've ever seen or heard locally, he really is one of the good guys.

So. Just a shave and alls good. Out of the current England squad my money is on Hart as being the biggest gobshite. Everyone else has an endorsement deal with Nike or Adidas him? Head and shoulders. Speaks volumes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So. Just a shave and alls good. Out of the current England squad my money is on Hart as being the biggest gobshite. Everyone else has an endorsement deal with Nike or Adidas him? Head and shoulders. Speaks volumes.

That's because he's a goalkeeper, so nobody gives a shit what boots he wears...

(I'm joking btw - he DOES have a Nike GLOVE deal)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chambers is a CB, I have no idea why he gets played RB, I just hope he nails that position and fulfills his potential and that he isn't another of those young players who gets his position moved around his whole career. (Jones, Smalling ect)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not a right back, never will be. Clyne kept Chambers out of Southampton's side all of last year, yet it is Chambers playing in this game, makes no sense.

Clyne played 25 games, Chambers 22.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Chambers wasn't even in the squad to start with and would have played in the U21, probably would have done more for his development playing against a decent Croatia U21 team, than San Marino and Estonia.

Clyne should have played both games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Well...he did once build a £40k football pitch / basketball court in his back garden in Dorset without getting planning permission from the Council, the selfish BAR STEWARD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...football-pitch-garden-knockabouts-family.html

article-2647150-1E6DBB7800000578-347_634x484.jpg

Then he minced off to Liverpool leaving this MONSTROSITY behind.
(The pitch I mean, not the grumpy nimby neighbour).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well...he did once build a £40k football pitch / basketball court in his back garden in Dorset without getting planning permission from the Council, the selfish BAR STEWARD

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...football-pitch-garden-knockabouts-family.html

Hmmm. It may well be a monstrosity. But if you read the article, the only bit of it that actually required planning consent was the basketball hoops. Not quite the ILLEGAL, borderline-Olympic-Stadium-sized-development that the Daily Mail would have you believe :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

1. That's quite cool. I'd love one of them. With astroturf though - not fussed about basketball.
2. He's spent cash putting that in for his KIDS.
3. And he's got them a ZIP WIRE.
4. It doesn't need planning permission anyway, if he just lowers the end bits to the height of the sides.
5. Brian Riley looks a miserable cock anyway.

As you were.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. That's quite cool. I'd love one of them. With astroturf though - not fussed about basketball.
2. He's spent cash putting that in for his KIDS.
3. And he's got them a ZIP WIRE.
4. It doesn't need planning permission anyway, if he just lowers the end bits to the height of the sides.
5. Brian Riley looks a miserable cock anyway.

As you were.

That's my Uncle Brian you're slating..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here