Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Great performance that was…… My old mum loved it … RIP

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Radio 4 played a clip of an interview with him earlier. Apparently, he spoke 50 words of English, mostly swear words, when he auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof in London but managed to get the part having memorised the songs and choreography.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Radio 4 played a clip of an interview with him earlier. Apparently, he spoke 50 words of English, mostly swear words, when he auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof in London but managed to get the part having memorised the songs and choreography.
Then had to leave the West End run to go and fight in the 6 day war in 1967 (replaced by Alfie Bass)

Not just his for his obvious talents he was a true Israeli hero.

RIP

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Martin : Did you know, and this is pretty amazing, but I once saw Ringo Starr.
William : Where was that?
Martin : Kensington High Street. At least I think it was Ringo, um, it could have been that guy from Fiddler on the Roof. You know, Toppy.
William : Topol.
William : Yes... yes that's right, Topol.
William : Mmmhmmm. Actually, Ringo Starr doesn't- doesn't at all look like, uh, Topol.
Martin : Yes, but, he was- he was quite a long way away from me.
William : So it actually could've been neither of them.
Martin : Yes, I suppose, so.
William : It's not really a classic, anecdote, is it?
Martin : Not a classic, no.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think he was in Flash Gordon and one of the Bond films?? According to BBC news that is
That's why I said 'known for'. If you asked someone on Pointless for the cast of either of those films, I suspect Topol would be a pointless answer.

Well, not after today, of course, but prior to that.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
RIP Chaim. I love singing the chorus and doing the dance to embarass my children. I will sing several yibyy, dibby dibby dums in remembrance today.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That's why I said 'known for'. If you asked someone on Pointless for the cast of either of those films, I suspect Topol would be a pointless answer.

Flash Gordon always comes to mind with Topol, but then I do love that Movie.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Can’t imagine anyone else playing that role in fiddler on the roof . So iconic. Great with Moore in the Bond film . Was a nice man by all accounts .

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

`
Flash Gordon always comes to mind with Topol, but then I do love that Movie.
Dr Hans Zarkov, classic role. No idea who played Flash Gordon and Dale Arden who were supposedly the leads!

Max von Sydow was also great as Ming the Merciless

Superb Soundtrack as well.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
`

Dr Hans Zarkov, classic role. No idea who played Flash Gordon and Dale Arden who were supposedly the leads!

Max von Sydow was also great as Ming the Merciless

Superb Soundtrack as well.
Don’t forget Sussex’s own Deep Roy as Princess Aura’s pet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here