Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cesc Fabregas

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't think Man U will struggle all that greatly with a front 4 like they have. Maybe as individuals you wouldn't generally bow to their brilliance, but as a team overall, with the might of expectation and experience of glory in their wings, they should be very much battling it out at the top. There'll be some spending made i would think, central midfield and central defence being a likely couple of places to strengthen up, but mostly they are without anything resembling weakspots.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He certainly was last season. I just hope the boy rediscovers his Dortmund form and lights up the Theatre of Dreams this year, but I think he's going to prove to be too weak for the EPL.

He's clearly got the talent to succeed and, if used correctly, I'm sure he will. They could definitely do with a few more players that are on his wavelength though.

SeagullJR

May 9, 2012
Can't exactly see Barcelona letting that happen to quickly either, especially after Thiago moving to Bayern. I just like to think Cesc as a loyal player.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It looks like United are realising that they can no longer rely on substandard players to compete and succeed at a world-class level, as they have lost the one man who made that possible for so long. The only alternative is to invest heavily in proven players, because if they don't then Moyes will sink quickly with the likes of Anderson, Kagawa, Nani and Giggs in his midfield. Prepare to see the brilliance of Sir Alex illustrated more in the next three months than it has been even in the last 26 years.

True, getting out at the right time is a skill, just look at Tony Blair.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He certainly was last season. I just hope the boy rediscovers his Dortmund form and lights up the Theatre of Dreams this year, but I think he's going to prove to be too weak for the EPL.

He played very well at the beginning of last season for United and then got injured and took some time to get his sharpness back after he got back from injury. I remember reading an interview that Jurgen Klopp gave to one of the newspapers before the Champions League final and he said that Kagawa had rarely played in what he considered to be his best position, behind the centre forward. From recollection, one time when he might well have played in that position was when he scored a hat-trick against Norwich. Otherwise he quite often played wider, especially when Ferguson was picking a midfield diamond at times last season. Klopp may well be right about Kagawa's best position, but if Rooney remains at United, it will probably restrict his chances of playing in that position.

Regarding Fabregas, I think he would be an excellent signing for United and from his perspective, it would give him regular first team football in a year leading up to the World Cup, which appears to be an issue for him at Barcelona. As others have said though, Arsenal will have first refusal and I dare say they will want to exercise should Barcelona decide they want to sell.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Fabregas signs for United I will almost feel sorry for Arsenal fans. Almost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here