Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CEO of the year

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I remember him getting CEO of the year once before. I am sure it was because he showed the others how you sack a manager (Gus Poyet) without having to pay off the contract. He used normal business practice of Verbal warnings and written warnings = Sack. I think it was like that anyway.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I remember him getting CEO of the year once before. I am sure it was because he showed the others how you sack a manager (Gus Poyet) without having to pay off the contract. He used normal business practice of Verbal warnings and written warnings = Sack. I think it was like that anyway.
Yeh, just the normal employment law around gross misconduct

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Very well deserved - well done PB.

Sometimes we as fans tend to focus on (the very few) things that the club get wrong.

But our club, and the people that run it get so, so many decisions right (big and small) that these tend to go unnoticed.

We are indeed lucky to have him.

Having said that, he does have the advantage of working or the best Chairman in the PL!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well deserved.*

So much so that it makes you wonder which CEOs have won it the last few years that #BarberOut has been eligible…

*As a friend has observed: Cough… away tix inflexibility

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My Daughter has just reminded me of this years training session. He walked from the dugout to the south west corner and then up into the stands. Few recognised him except a group mid way up the terrace. He stopped and of back slapping, after 30 mins, returned back the way he came. Sure he only came out for the applause.
Well done, a richly earned reward.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well deserved. I’m sure he has a good team around him making sure that things run smoothly, effectively and profitably.

I understand staff are treated very well and are proud to work for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here