Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Central midfield

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Gardner and JFC are woeful. I thought Ince was OK. Bruno and Elliot Bennett or even Calde would be better in midfield.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I thought they started well, God we even though Gardner was making an effort but second half they were MIA, we weren't sure if they had come out or stayed in the changing room.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Average age of what, 21 between them? Most lightweight midfield ever, I think the majority of the rest of the team did their jobs today but JFC Ince and Gardner as a 3 is nowhere near good enough to be a regular central midfield in the championship. I genuinely think we've got good quality in pretty much every other area now.

Agree totally.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Simply don't understand why so many defend JFC. (Ooh youth, home grown, E U21ms etc etc but just utter ****)

Gardner was good today, Ince was combative but JFC was just profligate and negative today.)

Proof enough that Hyppia is clueless in my eyes

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What we're lacking most of all in there is a leader and someone willing to throw their weight around a bit, so to speak. I was hoping Toko or Holla might prove to be that player with the nasty edge we need, but no such luck it seems.

I thought Ince today just looked cold and disinterested from the minute he came on. Never really in the game and his body language just didn't seem right somehow. Ordinarily I'm a big fan of Ince, but today he was poor in my opinion.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Thing is, Agustien fit in mind & body would be ideal but will that ever happen for us? Might be worth putting Bruno in there as a stop gap.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not looking good for him with Hypia wanting to extend Gardners loan. We are neither physically strong or experienced enough in midfield to string together some wins. Something has got to happen very soon.

The last thing we should do is extend Gardners loan, he was ok today, but in the main he s abysmal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thing is, Agustien fit in mind & body would be ideal but will that ever happen for us? Might be worth putting Bruno in there as a stop gap.

The skill set shown by Agustein is the one thing the team has lacked since, ironically, Agustein arrived.

A great shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here