• Andrew Crofts

Votes: 80 80.8%
  • Kemy Agustien

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Could we be lining up a diamond? Toko in front of the back 4, Crofts and Stephens in the usual middle roles with Clayton behind a front two of O'Grady and Baldock? Then got the full back pushing right on to provide the width

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I don't really care, they just have to start scoring goals. The past few seasons the midfield haven't contributed many goals, although crofts was in fine form before he was injured.

Agreed. We need more goals from midfield. They also need to create more. A player that can control the ball quickly, get his head up and play a defence splitting pass to CMS, lua lua, Buckley for example. As much as I admire players like Ince, toko and crofts. These players won't do that. A Stephens, jfc, Agustein or a.n. Other needs to start. Personally I'd go with toko, Stephens and jfc until new players arrive.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Derby ran riot last year as well, not sure if they've lost any players. All teams coming down are going to have v strong squads.

Absolutely, Norwich was just the prime example I used.

A midfield of Hoolahan, Howson, Johnson, Fer (at the moment), Redmond, Pilkington, Bennett - and £8m from the sale of Snodgrass to spend is far stronger than ours.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Absolutely, Norwich was just the prime example I used.

A midfield of Hoolahan, Howson, Johnson, Fer (at the moment), Redmond, Pilkington, Bennett - and £8m from the sale of Snodgrass to spend is far stronger than ours.

That is decent . My comment was slightly tongue in cheek but certainly believe we have some excellent quality in there . Big challenge to pick the right ones though

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
We have alot of centre mids hope JFC and Ince still get game time. Need to develop young and they have lots of competition. It'll be interesting to see what formation Sami will use mainly. If we sell/ loan some if Clayton signs.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Anyone who can play the ball forward to our strikers, I'm not seeing it at the moment. Its been a bad pre season and having seen our performance against Southampton its a worry. Relying on Lua Lua to score our goals, I'm wondering what SH is seeing?

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Toko Nzuzi
Dale Stephens
Andrew Crofts
That's the 3 for me, Ince sometimes good and sometimes like bambi on ice, caskey needs more experience and Kemy is lazy.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think central midfield is our most interesting position. If we sign Clayton and play 4-3-3, I would imagine he'll play the furthest forward of the midfield three with JFC/March also being an option there. Behind him, I would say it will be one of Ince/Nzuzi as defensive midfield and one of Crofts/Stephens as box to box. Doesn't really leave a lot of room for Agustien so will be interesting to see if he stays and features.

Next week, I assume it will be Nzuzi and Ince with hopefully Clayton as Crofts didn't have a full pre season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here