Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Census 2021

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The accompanying letter specifically states it should be completed on or after the 21st. Online, there appears to be nothing to stop you - indeed, I started myself until I noticed that and stopped.
After all, we don't yet know who'll still be alive on the 21st., or how many wives or husbands are going to storm out and go back to live with their mother!

It also explicitly states you can complete it before the 21st.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think I'll be restricting it to name and address and nothing more. Who, if anyone, I go to bed with is none of their business. Which surely should never need saying.

You could always abstain on 21 March.

I wonder if this will be the least participated census ever with the amount of pathetic "I'm not doing it cos I've been told to do it" crowd. Shame because I find them fascinating and are great when looking into family history. Real shame you can only see 100 years ago although the 1939 pre war one is very useful

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How are people getting their invites? Nothing happening in Dorset yet (as ever in Dorsetshite as some might say)

No letter received at this household yet either. Click on the link 'Don't have a code', and you can have it sent via text. It only requires your postcode and house number.

https://census.gov.uk/

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You could always abstain on 21 March.

I wonder if this will be the least participated census ever with the amount of pathetic "I'm not doing it cos I've been told to do it" crowd. Shame because I find them fascinating and are great when looking into family history. Real shame you can only see 100 years ago although the 1939 pre war one is very useful

I think the £1000 fine will be enough to ensure most people don't abstain :(

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Only got the letter yesterday. I am leaning towards requesting a paper form to return. I do not trust the safety of putting all my personal info on line. There have been too many breaches of security at both Govt and business data stores.

Back in 2011 I got temporary work as a Census follower up. We were sent to addresses that had not returned it. We were the polite reminders . The heavy threats of legal enforcement came later if they outright refused.
I did get the value of the Census . Future government planning uses it. NB if your great great grankids of the 22nd century want to trace their genealogy, it will be invaluable. ...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Only got the letter yesterday. I am leaning towards requesting a paper form to return. I do not trust the safety of putting all my personal info on line. There have been too many breaches of security at both Govt and business data stores.

Back in 2011 I got temporary work as a Census follower up. We were sent to addresses that had not returned it. We were the polite reminders . The heavy threats of legal enforcement came later if they outright refused.
I did get the value of the Census . Future government planning uses it. NB if your great great grankids of the 22nd century want to trace their genealogy, it will be invaluable. ...

Only if they have the required amount of Gold Pressed Latinum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

it will all be entered into computer system to process.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Let’s hope the Royal Mail don’t lose your envelope [emoji23]

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
have had a letter about two weeks ago

Letter arrived today. Thanks.

And regarding the completion timing it specifically says "All households should complete the census on Sunday 21st March 2021 or as soon as possible after. You must complete the census by law or you could be fined up to £1,000" (their bold not mine)

So don't do it yet but do it as soon as you can after the big mainframe has crashed on Sunday 21st March.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Got mine yesterday. Just logged on to do it. Hit Start. 403 Forbidden.

If ever there was a metaphor for the current administration.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
we all know the website will collapse on 21st March when several million people all try to go there. makes more sense to take the details over a couple of weeks, as a snapshot of a decade.

We also all know that there's huge numbers of chavs out there that won't be filling it in at all. That'll be the same ****s that have no intention of ever wearing a mask to protect others or give a second thought to anybody other than their moronic selves. What can you do? :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You’re not supposed to complete it until 21st March.

That's not true. You can complete it beforehand if all your circumstances are going to be the same on the 21st as they are the day you fill it out. You also have to account for anyone that will be staying at your house on the 21st that isn't in your regular household, although that shouldn't be happening under the current covid regs.

I would imagine the folks that don't think you are allowed to fill it out before the 21st haven't read the accompanying letter to the end. Just seen the bit about 21st and thought "Oh good, don't need to think about that now"

Filled mine out this morning. I'm a pretty standard issue human so it didn't take long. What is strange is that I'm in my forties and I don't ever remember filling one out before, even though I haven't lived with parents since I was 11. Never mind. All done now.

NB - For those well meaning but moronic individuals that think witholding info on a census ensures your anonymity, if you have a mobile phone or have logged into a website in your life, sent a text, made a phone call, browsed amazon etc, the census is the least of your troubles :lolol:

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here