Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] CB partnership for Preston

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still don't get the 'Dunk was shitehouse and should be dropped' line.

Granted he was shitehouse, for their goal.
His old habit of 'red mist' came back and he tried to chase down a mistake without thinking, making the whole situation worse.

But the other team are allowed to play too.

Bristol City were well organised and most importantly very fast.
I don't think Uwe and Dunk have played together, plus Uwe was on his wrong side.

That's a recipe for disaster, which it most certainly wasn't.
Stockdale had to do more than usual, but his 'usual' has been very little this season.

The one thing that scares me about the defense is Greer v proper pace.
I'm not knocking GG, but I do think like many other Albion players he became considerably better from the moment he didn't play.

As others have said, I'd hang onto Greer for the important games on the horizon and attempt to build a relationship between Dunk & Uwe while we still can.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disappointed. I was hoping to see a curve ball from [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] suggesting Zamora should be deployed at the back.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Dunk & Uwe need a chance to build a relationship, Preston are a poor side, We don't want to risk Greer so any doubt and it will be Dunk & Uwe battling to keep their place for Reading

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Dunk & Uwe need a chance to build a relationship, Preston are a poor side, We don't want to risk Greer so any doubt and it will be Dunk & Uwe battling to keep their place for Reading
Preston won 3-0 at Charlton mid week. Despite this great start to the season, all our wins have been by the odd goal so far, so I would not underestimate them.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Would like to see goldson at some point

Perhaps I may be the only one who considers that the future, at least for two to three years, will be Huenemeier and Goldson.

This because GG will be considered to be no longer up to it, perhaps at the end of this season, and I believe that Dunk will be allowed to go for the right offer.

Watch this space !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Preston won 3-0 at Charlton mid week. Despite this great start to the season, all our wins have been by the odd goal so far, so I would not underestimate them.

I agree with that and, having seen their one previously televised game this season, they will be dificult to manage given that they are, to put it politely, somewhat physical !

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Funny how things change, everyone wanted GG dropped last week, now he's first choice.
I would play GG and dunk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought the BfG had a good game yesterday.
Dunk another poor performance. His attempt to give them a goal in the first half by allowing the forward past him was very similar to Tuesday and a weak pass out to Bong nearly let them in again. Improved a little until Garner came on and couldn't handle him at all. His focus just doesn't seem to be there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought the BfG had a good game yesterday.
Dunk another poor performance. His attempt to give them a goal in the first half by allowing the forward past him was very similar to Tuesday and a weak pass out to Bong nearly let them in again. Improved a little until Garner came on and couldn't handle him at all. His focus just doesn't seem to be there.

That first one happened just in front of us and the PNE player was pulling Dunks shirt. Unfortunately this is happening too much and the refs and assistants are not picking up on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here