Cavity Wall Insulation

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Jul 2, 2011
Im spending next weekend hovering mine out!!! We've put up with the reoccurring damp over the winter period since purchasing the bungalow but this years particularly bad. To have it put in is a gamble. Make sure there is a clause in the agreement that ensures the installers will remove it if damp occurs!!!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ah. See I wasn't aware of many inherent issues with having it installed, so all this has been useful, thanks!

Are there any other suggestions for keeping the house warmer? The main issue is that we don't get a lot of direct sunlight into the house, even in the summertime (the back of the house gets a bit in the afternoons, but rarely the front) and we've had minor bits of condensation on the walls due to the house heating and cooling etc.

Just trying to find some happy medium!

welcome to the world of damp :rolleyes:
regards
DR

I think he's on about something else which, unless he's Ernest's 2nd account he has no idea what he's on about :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Ah. See I wasn't aware of many inherent issues with having it installed, so all this has been useful, thanks!

Are there any other suggestions for keeping the house warmer? The main issue is that we don't get a lot of direct sunlight into the house, even in the summertime (the back of the house gets a bit in the afternoons, but rarely the front) and we've had minor bits of condensation on the walls due to the house heating and cooling etc.

Just trying to find some happy medium!

I think he's on about something else which, unless he's Ernest's 2nd account he has no idea what he's on about :thumbsup:
You could line the inside wall that gets cold with polystyrene tiles , not for me but I know people that have done that, I had cavity insulation at a property I owned and had wall tie corrosion ,the reason I knew was because I put a vent through the wall and dislodged a wall tie
regards
DR

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You could line the inside wall that gets cold with polystyrene tiles , not for me but I know people that have done that, I had cavity insulation at a property I owned and had wall tie corrosion ,the reason I knew was because I put a vent through the wall and dislodged a wall tie
regards
DR

Blimey Das I can't get over you talking sensible stuff:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports