Catering

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Despite everything on the pitch my Albion mojo is pretty low at the moment. Transport options from the west are a nightmare and seems roulette if anything will even run. Catering last night was a shambles. WSU kiosk around block H had no signs saying which tills were card only, causing confusion. 2 rolls were shut due to lack of staff. I don't mind queueing , I understand the problems with trying to serve a lot of people in a short space of time but basic things like signage and staffing are unacceptable.

I know we use Sodexo for catering but surely our contract must mandate we expect fully staffed kiosks on match days? Do the club know? Do they even care?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Out of interest, when she said "what"?, why did you spell out the last item you ordered rather than the first? ???

Probably more to the point, what was Guiness Boy doing even ordering Harvey's?

Fish.

Out of interest what's a Palace fan doing on one of our catering threads? Haven't you got a cat to kick?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Despite everything on the pitch my Albion mojo is pretty low at the moment. Transport options from the west are a nightmare and seems roulette if anything will even run. Catering last night was a shambles. WSU kiosk around block H had no signs saying which tills were card only, causing confusion. 2 rolls were shut due to lack of staff. I don't mind queueing , I understand the problems with trying to serve a lot of people in a short space of time but basic things like signage and staffing are unacceptable.

I know we use Sodexo for catering but surely our contract must mandate we expect fully staffed kiosks on match days? Do the club know? Do they even care?

I have the Samaritans number if it helps :moo:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I yearn for the day when the penny drops on catering, rubbish and disgracefully expensive with everyone else.

It dawned on me around game 3, year 1 at the Amex

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tch! Moan moan moan! I got the burger I wanted and the beer I wanted, all served with a minimum of fuss and NO queues.

Mind you, I was watching the match at home ...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The early season catering woes will probably help shift a few more £20 a month 7 Stars memberships.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is one simple answer if the service and quality is not to your liking just do not buy anything it will either improve or like me you get used to not having a beer or food at football and have it before or after. at competent professionally run establishments.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It always seems to improve come september once the uni kids are back in town to do the job. Theyre not brilliant but ive always noticed a difference.
Personal etxperience and all that

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
There is one simple answer if the service and quality is not to your liking just do not buy anything it will either improve or like me you get used to not having a beer or food at football and have it before or after. at competent professionally run establishments.
Wetherspoons :rolleyes::facepalm:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just spoken to my friend who tried to get a drink in the ESU just before cut off, got to the front of the que and two staff chatted to each other a couple minutes while others were still getting served and then said we shut. He Ask to see the manager and he said they are only agency staff and pop back at half time and I'll give a free drink. My friend would not treat his customers in that way as he would go out of business very quickly.
The club need to sort this and not blame the contractors.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I noticed in the ESU that there were no signs indicating which tills were cash only and which tills were excepting cards. It turned out nearly all of them were cash only. Resulting in many getting to the front of the queue and then having to turn around and go back to the other queue at the other end due to not having facility to take card! Why are there cash only tills? Surely if one till Can accept a card or contactless payment, then they all can!?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My expectations are so low that it's a pleasant surprise to get someone on the ball and the bar staff in the Bupa lounge by the end of last season were pretty good imo

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I noticed in the ESU that there were no signs indicating which tills were cash only and which tills were excepting cards. It turned out nearly all of them were cash only. Resulting in many getting to the front of the queue and then having to turn around and go back to the other queue at the other end due to not having facility to take card! Why are there cash only tills? Surely if one till Can accept a card or contactless payment, then they all can!?

Yes, i got caught on this in the WSU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports