Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Category A Pricing. Is it too much?

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Things like fan zone really p me off! The crowd start to get going and get drowned out by screaming big screen footage and the 80's throwback on the mike???

Definitely agree with this, but it's the same everywhere: League Cup final last week for example. Do I want to hear the supporters as the atmosphere builds up? No thanks, I'd much rather hear some ear-splitting mediocre music and a prat screaming down a microphone!

I honestly wonder who this stuff is aimed at as I've never met a single person who likes it.

On topic, very happy with the direct debit season ticket option but would probably struggle to justify paying over 30 quid on a match by match basis.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They are too high match by match without doubt. Part of it is for people to 'feel' that a ST is very good value (they're not bad but not that cheap either) hence a a lot of st seats go unused often

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I received a text at 9am this morning saying about tickets still being available for todays game! Mustn't bee selling very well.

Everyone on the mailing preference list who isn't a STH or not bought a ticket for the game gets one of those. Even if there was only 100 tickets left they would send out 25,000 texts and e-mails.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Things like fan zone really p me off! The crowd start to get going and get drowned out by screaming big screen footage and the 80's throwback on the mike???

I think it is actually brilliant Fans Zone and very unique to us.

The build up with that film getting from the Pier to The Amex, Richard Reynolds face in the camera and then the actual part where the kids all wave their scarves etc one real positive from Withdean.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I received a text at 9am this morning saying about tickets still being available for todays game! Mustn't bee selling very well.

They're going to do that even if there's only a couple of hundred remaining. Looking at the site, I'd guess at about 7-800 left. With Reading selling 1000 out of 1500 that equates to about 28.5k. Not bad.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They are too high match by match without doubt. Part of it is for people to 'feel' that a ST is very good value (they're not bad but not that cheap either) hence a a lot of st seats go unused often

Perhaps an "early bird" initiative might be the way to go ? For Category A games set a lower price if matchday tickets are purchased within 3 days of going on sale. Derby do this and get away with not discounting the ticket price for away fans.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I buy game to game now.
Love it that you can now pay cash at Brighton Station without membership on the spur.
With regards to prices a flat rate of £25 without booking fees would be a sensible price.
I won't pay over £30 to watch us play Reading yet again but would comfortably do so if it was a crunch promotion game or against a team who would bring serious numbers down.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If clubs insist on categorising matches I believe there should be a section of the ground - if only a block or two - where the prices are static.

Don't like the idea of sone fans being priced out of the best games.

I think you're right on this one, Walt. Such tickets could be restricted to those with a purchasing history, but this move for category A games, might help boost crowd numbers, and the atmosphere in the ground.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
A Saturday @ Three season ticket could bring me back.

I come to selected games these days. Travel is expensive - I have to use the trains, and even the cheapest route adds £35 to my match day experience. Plus tucker and ale. I suppose being ancient at least gets me a concession but it's still a lump of money when I get to a game.

Next one, Ipswich.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The thing I still can't work out is how my season ticket in h block wsu is so cheap. Such a good deal compared to the East Stand

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
A - £29
B - £27
C - £25

Seems about right for me, but the cheapest tickets arent much more than that and lets face it, all Amex views are good. A ST is great value in comparison too.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
£33 to watch Brighton v Reading, with no choice of a cheaper ticket (for away fans) is well and truly taking the piss.

Considering conversations had with people at the club, they tell me their aim is to sell out every game, in which case I don't get the pricing policy. ST sales numbers are spectacular (ATM) so why can't the club get their head round the match by match pricing? STHs get heavily discounted match tickets, and are generally priced reasonably, it makes no sense to me to try and charge so much more for single match tickets. For each empty seat there are no beer sales, no pies, no merchandise, and no habit forming. If match by match tickets in the North/South were around low twenties, and mid twenties elsewhere there would be so many more sold, and that would give the club a great opportunity to try and sell more STs as well as matchday merch and pie sales.

That said, I still speak to people who are of the belief that they wouldn't be able to get tickets due to demand. :shrug:

The club income from catering/merchandise for 2012/13 is as follows (2011/12 in brackets):

Catering - £2.94pp/per game (£2.72)
Merchandise - £2.27pp/per game (£4.39)
Total - £5.21 ((£7.11)

These figures were calculated from the BHAFC Ltd (00081077) 2012/13 annual return to Companies House.
They do not include attendance at cup matches (as I couldn't be arsed to look up the figures) and assume all merchandise sales are matchday related (which they are clearly not). Similarly, if the club income from hospitality and dining were reported separately it would be facilitate a more accurate assessment of the amount an additional match day seat sale might realise; from the info above, I'd have thought about £4 is a reasonable stab at it, may be even a bit less.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Definitely agree with this, but it's the same everywhere: League Cup final last week for example. Do I want to hear the supporters as the atmosphere builds up? No thanks, I'd much rather hear some ear-splitting mediocre music and a prat screaming down a microphone!

I honestly wonder who this stuff is aimed at as I've never met a single person who likes it.

On topic, very happy with the direct debit season ticket option but would probably struggle to justify paying over 30 quid on a match by match basis.

Have to agree with everything you've said.

The DD is now part of the household budget, it's absorbed (disguised) into monthly living costs. Couldn't justify lifting another £30 quid from cash flow every time we have a game. Especially when the kids need new school shoes! just kidding :)

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Madness for prices, people say it's just a tiny rise for next year, but when will the rise end ??? . It's gonna reach people's limits and we will start seeing less and less people coming, particularly if we are still in the championship for the next couple of years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here