Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Category A prices for Arsenal FA Cup 4th round...

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
will they , anyone clued up knows what they'll being doing on the day , if you want to pay those prices fair do's it's your choice ,anyone know what the price was for the cup game at the Goldstone out of interest 26,000 crowd with 6,500 Arsenal in attendance ,proper FA cup!
regards
DR
I don't think £32 will break my bank

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I'm not sure what you are trying to say! Your season ticket would be more expensive than your friends as well.

The family stand (and OAP tickets) is subsidised by more expensive season tickets elsewhere.

I thought I explained it rather well?
I didn't realise the inflated cost of mine meant others paid less, which I'm fine with.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
will they , anyone clued up knows what they'll being doing on the day , if you want to pay those prices fair do's it's your choice ,anyone know what the price was for the cup game at the Goldstone out of interest 26,000 crowd with 6,500 Arsenal in attendance ,proper FA cup!
regards
DR

£5 for a terrace ticket .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Prices are more than reasonable

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Would be reasonable prices if we knew both teams were going to play their strongest sides but somehow I don't think this will be the case, Arsenal had less than half their normal side from the start on the pitch on Sunday and surely Wenger will see this game as easier so will make more changes with the Champions League and the battle for 4th place on as well.

£42 to see Ospina, Coquelin, Bellerin, Campbell, Akpom, Maitland-Nyles etc

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
But a comparable league game at that price IS taking the piss TOO. Football is over priced and that is because of greedy players. Fine for those that wish to pay it, it's their choice but professional football matches in this country ARE over priced and yet Spain and Germany can keep the prices down.

Just out of interest, at what price point do you think it would be taking the piss to charge for ninety or so minutes of watching overpaid footballers kick a ball around ?

Never given it a thought. Not there yet.

But a generic argument that "all charges are too high" is very different to the very singular argument that BHAFC overcharge.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be reasonable prices if we knew both teams were going to play their strongest sides but somehow I don't think this will be the case, Arsenal had less than half their normal side from the start on the pitch on Sunday and surely Wenger will see this game as easier so will make more changes with the Champions League and the battle for 4th place on as well.

I'm not sure that looking to their team on Sunday as a guide is fair. That was their fourth game in 9 days - some squad rotation was inevitable. For our game, they have a full clear week, both before and after. They'll play a pretty strong side, I think.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Funny that , I'm going to watch Brighton play, couldn't give a toss who plays for them :shrug:

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
My point is, the Club have chosen to charge more than the previous occasion we played Arsenal when the game was Sat at 3pm and not televised, the team were much more competitive, and had just signed a striker (Ulloa). That game didn't sell-out. Where will the extra fans come from for this game? More expensive tickets, less competitive team and the option to watch on TV. So, the extra fans could well be Arsenal fans unable to buy in away end.

I can afford to pay the ticket - but over £30 for a second-tier football club is not good value

Perhaps you should go and support a team whose ticket prices do represent good value.

This debate about prices is pointless. You don't HAVE to go. My advice would be, if you can afford to buy a ticket then you should go. If you can't then don't.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sorry Season ticket holder with wife, travel 240 miles round trip for EVERY game, including evenings....But Im not paying £42 (x2) plus £30 petrol for a game thats on TV .

I chose not to drive down for the Millwall game and saved myself £70 in petrol just before Christmas. That is our choice and I have no argument obviously.
It doesn't change the fact that by charging the same for a premium cup tie as for a league game (and not a penny more) the club is not being unreasonable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here