Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Category A prices for Arsenal FA Cup 4th round...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I do despair.
Those who complain appear to be primarily those who either don't attend or who cherry pick.
The prices are not higher than a comparable league game. It isn't taking the piss.

But a comparable league game at that price IS taking the piss TOO. Football is over priced and that is because of greedy players. Fine for those that wish to pay it, it's their choice but professional football matches in this country ARE over priced and yet Spain and Germany can keep the prices down.

Just out of interest, at what price point do you think it would be taking the piss to charge for ninety or so minutes of watching overpaid footballers kick a ball around ?

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In case you hadn't noticed, it hasn't been a fantastic season thus far! I'm an Amex regular and imho the club have, yet again, badly misjudged this one. £32 for the lowest ticket for a competition we're unlikely to go far in based on our squad, new manager or not, is absurd. £25 I would have paid, but no more. Disrespectful pricing.

Ticket for Fulham away £32, ticket for Charlton away £28 for Championship game....this without the cost of travel to London and back. So about £50 per game.
Looking forward to see the BHA v Arsenal at our home.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Why do I have an unshakable feeling that had the club priced the tickets at £15/£10/£5 there would be complete uproar about the club selling itself short and not cashing in.

What was the last issue the club had that didn't result in a load of offended 'fans'.

We're just a bunch of entitled moaning Maureen's, with f*** all to complain about in the whole scheme of things.

This. I dont think that £32 (inc transport, so say £27 in comparison terms) for my East Lower ticket is an extortionate price to watch a world famous team and players ply their trade in the comfortable surroundings of the Amex. Its all about supply and demand, of course the club will maximise its revenue stream and I would encourage them to do so. It was £15 I think, excluding transport, to watch Cheltenham at home in the League cup and many stated that was a reasonable price, so to watch one of the prime ties in the FA cup 4th round for an extra £12 is pretty fair in my book.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
clearly our club is skint and needs the money. Of course it isn't greed....

I'd be surprised if there are empty seats, it's a chance to see our team potentially beat a top prem league side in our stadium. We're Brighton fans through and through, but you cant deny some excitement at the prospect of seeing Sanchez at the Amex...

If there are empty seats, queue the Raider 'You've got no fans..........'

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was NEVER going to be less than a Category A League game. The club will sell out so it's a no-brainer. I would have been annoyed if they had charged more than a Cat A game but I don't think that would have happened. That would have been a serious own goal by the club.

Think a lot of people are now appreciating the discount they get with a Season Ticket. When we get promoted, prices will go up considerably (And we will be televised even more).

I am cheesed off that we can't load it on to our tickets though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I don't think the prices are extortionate but they are too much for my blood so will be watching on a dodgy stream at home.

If anything it shows the value of a season ticket.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The UBER FAN has spoken.
As the match was talked about on Monday, I'd love to know how much the tickets were for v Kingstonian 20 years ago.
What the percentage difference is, even if you want to do the bogus 'adjusting for inflation'.

Whatever that difference is it'll be nothing compared to the difference v Arsenal, on and off the pitch.

Let alone the fact this is the clubs 6 consecutive year in the 4th round.
Which in itself must be close to a record.
It certainly beats a cup run that consists of going out in the second round, and thinking 'ah that could have been us, while listening to the wireless at 12:30 on a Monday.

Guess what, being a considerably better side comes at a price.
If that price is £32 with travel, to see one of the best teams in the country, and a top 16 team in Europe then so be it.

The club could charge more if they wanted too.
Sure I wouldn't be able to afford to go, but others still would, and they'd get a damn sight better value than spending the same to watch us get owned by Danny f*****g Shittu AGAIN.

Oh and as you alluded to earlier come the Premier League, I doubt I'll be able to go, because I won't be able to afford it.
Shit happens, but I'm not going to blub away on here like a fat kid that's been told no more cake.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
So.. I sit in W1H, I'm in the purple strip...a friend of mine sits directly opposite in E1B and pays £10 less than me for what is basically the same seat but from the other side. Am I paying a premium to not be in the family stand?

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/Match ticket prices 2014-15 - D3.pdf

I'm not sure what you are trying to say! Your season ticket would be more expensive than your friends as well.

The family stand (and OAP tickets) is subsidised by more expensive season tickets elsewhere.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013

You are paying to not have the sun in your eyes :cool:[/QUOTE]

At a 4pm kick off in January?, I'll tell him to pack his sunnies! :moo:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know Arsenal are more of a draw, but didn't the club make this mistake against Newcastle? Over priced the tickets when the game was on tv and less than 22,000 turned up.

Jan 30, 2008
Hope not when Brighton fans may miss out
will they , anyone clued up knows what they'll being doing on the day , if you want to pay those prices fair do's it's your choice ,anyone know what the price was for the cup game at the Goldstone out of interest 26,000 crowd with 6,500 Arsenal in attendance ,proper FA cup!
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here