Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cat Question

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is the ultimate reality, whether today, tomorrow or whenever. My cat, Tiger, died earlier in the year which was sudden an unexpected. He was feeling unwell after the Reading FA Cup game in January, on the Saturday. I went over to see him (he lived with my mum at the time), and he was cowering under a chair, hiding. He'd been unable to relieve himself for a few days, but he was a stubborn little chap so fought off any attempts to put him in the carrier and take him to the vets. The vet blind diagnosed a bladder infection and gave my mum some medicine for it, which he resisted. I gave it to him on the Saturday, and on the Sunday he had curled into a ball on the floor in the lounge and died. When their time comes, it has come. The only advice I would give is to make a fuss of yours, and be prepared for the end.
The exact same thing happened to my mate Dave after the Reading game!

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes, I've had this problem with elderly cats - I would check with the vet for anything medically wrong. They'll go back to the same spot again and again - there is something that the vet will sell you too hide the odour so they don't re-use. Mind you that spells bad in its own way.

(This in itself is not a reason to put a cat down - as far as that goes you have to judge the point where the cat no longer has quality of life. I'm afraid old cats can be much harder work)

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Could be any number of things, but I've heard it said on other occasions that it's not uncommon for cats to revert to doing their business indoors when they (subconsciously, one assumes) know their time is near.

Hope that's not the case, obviously :(

We had a similar situation with our cat for the 3-4 months before she died. Litter tray was always in the kitchen but she started to p*** in the room where she normally slept. We tried moving the tray into that room but to no avail, she preferred the carpet. Vet prescribed antibiotics for suspected kidney infection which didn't seem to work. In retrospect there were other signs of possible dementia such as sleeping out in the open, even in the heaviest rain, she was also starting to lose weight.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
tis either that or many litter trays constantly moving .......it can be done but you need oodles of time

Do you mean rotating them? Would be really keen to know more. How would you prevent them from spoiling new furniture?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
To be honest, she is crying quite a bit, but has been since her sister went 2 years ago.

I'll try the litter tray with soil, see where we go.

Have a horrible feeling we may be saying goodbye soon though.:down:

Could be time to say good bye but maybe other cats are shiting on her patch and she mignt not fancy the scrap at 18. I would get her to the vets for an MOT. Good luck

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Our old cat started doing this and it was renal failure, i'd go to vets soon as you can to be on the safe side

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We had a similar situation with our cat for the 3-4 months before she died. Litter tray was always in the kitchen but she started to p*** in the room where she normally slept. We tried moving the tray into that room but to no avail, she preferred the carpet. Vet prescribed antibiotics for suspected kidney infection which didn't seem to work. In retrospect there were other signs of possible dementia such as sleeping out in the open, even in the heaviest rain, she was also starting to lose weight.

cats tend to do this when they know they are on the way out
Kizzy who decided it was time to go went out in the morning hid somewhere then curled up outside a neigbours summerhouse , which she looked at the day before have never been there before and ended her days there she was nearly 22 years old and as fit as a flea. she just chose her time to go
strangely she came and slept on my bed the night before which was rare and purred most of the night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here