Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Castore kit manufacturer

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think they've got Everton for next season.

I know they've had WetClingyKitGate to contend with, but it's been a meteoric rise for them.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I think they've got Everton for next season.

I know they've had WetClingyKitGate to contend with, but it's been a meteoric rise for them.
Could be a big drop for them also, no Newcastle either, I know there replica shirts cost a fortune lot more than Nike etc

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
In the last 24 hours lost Aston Villa and Rangers, for a kit dullard this is news
Nothing wrong with being a kit dullard @HangletonGull

I’m a ball and boot dullard. Nike’s 25-year relationship with PL as official ball supplier ends in 2025 and the contract will be fulfilled by Puma.

Shame, as I’ve liked the Nike Strike PL balls of the past few season and have about 5 of 6 PL balls of varying colourways knocking around here. Will be interesting to see what Puma come up with but I hope it’s better than their current EFL versions.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

I’m a ball and boot dullard. Nike’s 25-year relationship with PL as official ball supplier ends in 2025 and the contract will be fulfilled by Puma.

Shame, as I’ve liked the Nike Strike PL balls of the past few season and have about 5 of 6 PL balls of varying colourways knocking around here. Will be interesting to see what Puma come up with but I hope it’s better than their current EFL versions.
My boys wanted the PL ball so they got it as a Xmas present. It’s the first time I’ve played with an ‘official’ ball for years and I’ve got to say it is beautiful! Absolutely love playing with it. It is in a different league to the Mitre and Macron balls I train my players with and they play matches with.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My boys wanted the PL ball so they got it as a Xmas present. It’s the first time I’ve played with an ‘official’ ball for years and I’ve got to say it is beautiful! Absolutely love playing with it. It is in a different league to the Mitre and Macron balls I train my players with and they play matches with.
Exactly as you say, they’re genuinely beautiful footballs. The u13 team I coach use club-issue Mitre balls for matches and training, unless my son takes one of his size 4 Nike Strike PL replicas along to training, in which case they insist on using that.

(One tip I would offer however, is to put some washing up liquid or Vaseline on the pump needle next time you decide to put a bit more air in it. The internal valve is prone to becoming dislodged if you’re not especially careful. They’re not cheap footballs, so for this reason the pump is hidden where my son can’t find it!)

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I got my son the Molten Europa League ball (replica £30ish) and was looking at a Derbystar Bundesliga ball on Amazon for other son but didn’t get it for some reason.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Castore had loads of problems with their kit and supplying enough for teams. They’re grown far too big far too quickly and can’t handle it. Seems they’re better at pitching to clubs and winning contracts than actually producing kit.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Love a good kit dullard thread. Shame that they've failed as I like a lot of what they make. But the quality/supply means inevitably it'll be the big boys taking over again.

If you wanna go even duller. I bought one of Nike's DriFit-ADV tops this week (or "vapour" as they were known). Just a plain black one for the gym. It's the same stuff they use in the player edition kits that Nike doesn't see fit to bless us plebs with.

It's sooooo much nicer to wear than the regular football shirts. I was really surprised with the difference.

Understand not making the player spec shirts available for us fans, but it still baffles me that our players, at the top of their profession (wearing £300 boots, playing with £200 balls with every aspect of their life governed to eek out those marginal gains) have to line up next to teams like Chelsea (lol) in a hugely inferior kit just because Nike say so.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I was impressed that on a call yesterday my colleague in Costa Rica had an Umbro shirt from his local team - they seem to have a few more clubs attached these days, not quite the highs of 1966 but still ….

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Love a good kit dullard thread. Shame that they've failed as I like a lot of what they make. But the quality/supply means inevitably it'll be the big boys taking over again.

If you wanna go even duller. I bought one of Nike's DriFit-ADV tops this week (or "vapour" as they were known). Just a plain black one for the gym. It's the same stuff they use in the player edition kits that Nike doesn't see fit to bless us plebs with.

It's sooooo much nicer to wear than the regular football shirts. I was really surprised with the difference.

Understand not making the player spec shirts available for us fans, but it still baffles me that our players, at the top of their profession (wearing £300 boots, playing with £200 balls with every aspect of their life governed to eek out those marginal gains) have to line up next to teams like Chelsea (lol) in a hugely inferior kit just because Nike say so.
They where charging fortunes for this replica stuff think it was like 75 quid for a shirt

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You'll have liked a (not particularly) recent episode of TENABLE, with the HILARIOUS ( (c) Crodo ) Warwick Davis - one of the tower questions, was to name to first TEN kit manufacturers (alphabetically), in the top two divisions. I did get all ten, with the allowed one mistake on the way...

No GOOGLING....

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You'll have liked a (not particularly) recent episode of TENABLE, with the HILARIOUS ( (c) Crodo ) Warwick Davis - one of the tower questions, was to name to first TEN kit manufacturers (alphabetically), in the top two divisions. I did get all ten, with the allowed one mistake on the way...

No GOOGLING....
Corrrrr..

Adidas
Castore
Hummel
Jako
Kappa
Macron
Nike
Oneils?
Puma
Umbro

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
To really dull this thread up, feedback from the supporters evening at Bath Rugby last night suggest that the club aren't happy with Castore either (changed to them this season) and have given them some significant required improvements to act on.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle actually paid them off to end their contract. Going with adidas I think.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

No GOOGLING....
Name the first ten kit manufacturers in the top two divisions?

Admiral
Asics
Bukta
Patrick
Pony
Umbro

Have to be in there. Surprised at the lack of some of these mentions, if I’ve read the question properly.

There’s also one beginning with V I’m sure, but can’t remember. Nike bought them.

Edit - I must have not read the question properly

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I’m a ball and boot dullard.
As if proof were needed, I noticed in the Sheffield Utd cup game (as I’m sure we all did) that Lewis ditched his usual Adidas Nemeziz boots and was wearing a pair of deliciously old-school design Adidas Predator Elite ‘fold over tongue’ boots.

Not sure how I’d feel about all that surplus ‘boot tongue’ real-estate flapping about -but interesting to see this style coming back into vogue.

As an aside, I LOVE the new Solar Yellow / Core Black colour way on the Adidas Crazyfast range - as worn by Joao Pedro and plenty of others over the past few weeks and am looking for any excuse to buy a pair for either my son or myself.

Attachments

• IMG_4300.jpeg
    IMG_4300.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 66

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here