Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

casper

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Casper was not at fault for any of their goals... The 3rd he could have done better but had Ulloa not done a suicide pass across goal to Greer who gave the ball to their striker Casper would not have been in that 1v1 situation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So was I. And I agree. This defeat is one that can't really be laid at Ankergren's door. Pretty much the whole team was at fault; our defence in particular was poor, we had loads of missed and poorly taken shots. And of course Newport were really up for it, and made the extra man tell, especially in extra time.
I think OG will have learnt a lot about English football today (if that's what Newport count as).,

This in a nutshell.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that in general he looked better tonight taking high balls and only punched a couple of times. I think that it is a little harsh to blame him for any of the goals. The 2nd was a great strike and for the third goal his defenders left him stranded as we were pushing forward for an equaliser and got caught up field.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
None of the goals were his fault. I thought he didn't play badly. He doesn't look confident when crosses come in but managed to deal with them tonight.

He must have impressed Oscar in training to start tonight.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thought he was a bit too far off his line on the second but it was an excellent shot anyway. As usual, people need a whipping boy. It's pathetic.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
Definety not a Championship keeper absolute liability wasnt there last night so cant comment on that but even noticed in the villareal friendly was at fault for a goal there and kicked the ball into touch 4 times in about 10 mins from goal kick very poor indeed Brez is definetly number 2 in my book

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So was I. And I agree. This defeat is one that can't really be laid at Ankergren's door. Pretty much the whole team was at fault; our defence in particular was poor, we had loads of missed and poorly taken shots. And of course Newport were really up for it, and made the extra man tell, especially in extra time.
I think OG will have learnt a lot about English football today (if that's what Newport count as).,

Casper isn't good enough, but quite right the goals weren't down to him.

Lopez was badly at fault for the second and third was just ridiculous, still don't know who passed to Greer.....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do any of you, out of interest, expect that a really top class keeper would come here just to sit on the bench while Kuszczak plays?

That is why Ankergren is here, you deluded individuals.

For what it's worth, he did nothing wrong last night- claimed every cross he had to, couldn't do anything about the goals, which could be attributed to errors from Agustein, El Abd and others.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Do any of you, out of interest, expect that a really top class keeper would come here just to sit on the bench while Kuszczak plays?

That is why Ankergren is here, you deluded individuals.

For what it's worth, he did nothing wrong last night- claimed every cross he had to, couldn't do anything about the goals, which could be attributed to errors from Agustein, El Abd and others.

Completely disagree. Distribution way too slow, kicked woefully out of play, flapped or left the long throws, which created panic, made a great save in first half only due to th fact he hadn't attacked the cross in the first place.

He is technically wanting in a number of areas.

He is a disaster waiting to happen as has been proven in the last 2 years and a few times in league 1. Of course Kuszcz makes errors but in comparison they are minimal.

Top keepers for the bench? Fair point, but Casper is not good enough, I think even Brez may be a better option, though not much if at all.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When I said we needed another keeper a few weeks ago everybody said that I was wrong. Now everyone seems to agree. Good old NSC.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont think we need ANOTHER back up keeper, I would prefer to see Brez in goal for these cup games now as Casper has been pony when given the chance this season and last, the last time Casper did anything good, was away at Millwall last season when he wound up the Millwall fans by putting 2 fingers and a fist up to signify two nil to the Millwall fans who were giving him stick on the touchline. Although had a pretty good game away to Boro towards the end of last season.

We dont need to get someone in just to sit on the bench in the Championship, hopefully we will have a DS Keeper coming through soon which will push both of these out of matchday squads.

Anyway we wont have to see either of these for a while, as long as PIG keeps fit and doesnt go bat sh*t mental and get himself sent off.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Every game he plays the same thing happens.

He was OK when played every game it's true yes (at a lower level), but seems to have to be the starter else he's gash. Dump PLEASE!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ankergren gets paid to be a goalkeeper at this club, he pulls off 4 great saves in a game but then chucks one in his own net and he is called a clown. Quite rightly so because he can't do the basics well. He is not good enough for this level of football. Ashley Barnes gets paid as a striker at this club, he scores one goal in a game but then misses five other chances and people think the sun shines out of his arse. He also is not good enough for this level of football. Both players are on borrowed time I think.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ankergren gets paid to be a goalkeeper at this club, he pulls off 4 great saves in a game but then chucks one in his own net and he is called a clown. Quite rightly so because he can't do the basics well. He is not good enough for this level of football. Ashley Barnes gets paid as a striker at this club, he scores one goal in a game but then misses five other chances and people think the sun shines out of his arse. He also is not good enough for this level of football. Both players are on borrowed time I think.

In terms of Barnes....

Poyet rated him.
Oscar starts him.
Premier clubs are supposedly interested.....

Any more evidence?

I would suggest both Gus and Oscar regardless of your opinion on either, are a fairly good judge...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
None of the goals were his fault. The first 2 (especially the 2nd) were good goals that he couldnt have stopped. The 3rd goal was a result of Greer giving away the ball right in front of Casper.

People are forgetting that he made some good saves, including a pretty good one in the first half where he just managed to tip it over. He is only a back-up keeper remember, not our first choice.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Casper and Brez are here as reserve goalies. Which goalkeeper who is decent enough will want to sign up as an understudy to PIG and only play 4 or 5 games a season ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here