Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cask Pub & Kitchen: opening tomorrow

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
As was mentioned on the Brewdog thread recently, The Cask is opening where The Spotted Dog/The Hop Poles used to be on Middle Street. London-based mates think highly of the Pimlico version so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Opens tomorrow night.

cask_pub_bn1 on Twitter might have more news but has been quiet this week for a business with a launch coming up. Saving the surprises for opening night, perhaps.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Have been to the Pimlico one which is a great place to drink (even if it doesn't look like it from outside). Hopefully this is up to the same standard.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The plimlico one is a cracking boozer, be interesting to see what they do with it. The spotted dog didn't last too long did it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have been to the Pimlico one which is a great place to drink (even if it doesn't look like it from outside). Hopefully this is up to the same standard.

Agree. A great place. I have great expectations for the Brighton version. Bring it on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I believ it's still owned by Greene King?

I think Greene King own the building and let it without any ties ie you are not committed to buying their beer.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Stayed at my cousin's house in Pimlico when up in London last year when visiting from Oz .
After reading about Cask on here thought I'd check it out .
Seriously fantastic selection of ales , wheat beers and all manor of styles to choose from .

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When did the Spotted Dog stop being the gay pub in Brighton ? It had that reputation in the early 70's - lads I know would have been scared (literally) to go in there. Also where was the Curtain club ?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
The pimlico battlecruiser is a great joint. I work round the corner. As everyone else says it doesn't look great from the outside but great selection of beers and great laid back staff. Going down early to the Middlesborough game so will check the new one in Brighton out. Think if the Pimlico one is anything to go by the vibe will suit Brighton.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Spotted Dog was was a gay pub at least back to the 50/60's so a lot more than 20 years. In those days they weren't gay, just happy. The Curtain Club was in the basement of the Queens Hotel. There was another one for females of the persuasion, in Bedford Square. In those days I lived in a dirty old flat on the opposite side of the square, with two other Albion fans.
I appear to know an awful lot about the gay clubs in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here