Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash payments at the stadium

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I understand that if you purchase food/drink with the smatcard it gives you a 10% cashback/discount, but do they take money aswell?

It's just i'm using my fathers ticket for Saturday and don't think he has put any money on the card and wanted to get a beer and pie.

Tried to search it but came up with loads and loads of pointless threads.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yep cash is still taken at the stadium. Although given the surprising success of the e-cash on it's debut I'd expect those transactions to be in the minority by the end of the season.

torchieboy

Jul 11, 2003
felpham, near bognor regis
I understand that if you purchase food/drink with the smatcard it gives you a 10% cashback/discount, but do they take money aswell?

It's just i'm using my fathers ticket for Saturday and don't think he has put any money on the card and wanted to get a beer and pie.

Tried to search it but came up with loads and loads of pointless threads.

Example

i put £100 on card before match and spent £15.60 on food and drinks. On my card transactions £15.60 has been debited but £1.56 has been credited back on so it only cost me £14.04. you need to have an amount the same as or greater on your card than the amount you are spending to get the full 10% otherwise its card and cash for the transaction.
hope that makes sense

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Is there a way to get a card, without being a season ticket holder? Say you hope to go to 4/5 league and 2/3 cup home games, plus travel away per season but can't commit to every Saturday because of work?

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Is there a way to get a card, without being a season ticket holder? Say you hope to go to 4/5 league and 2/3 cup home games, plus travel away per season but can't commit to every Saturday because of work?

Curious about this also - I'm there a lot doing stuff for the club this season but am paying my own way for food/drink, so it would be very useful for me too.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Curious about this also - I'm there a lot doing stuff for the club this season but am paying my own way for food/drink, so it would be very useful for me too.

Yes! Everyone on the database (AMEX) will receive a card sooner rather than later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here