Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash passport advice please

Jun 22, 2011
Im of to Portugal for three weeks next week, been into a travel agent who says that travellers cheques are not really used anymore, she gave me details of this pre loaded cash card thing, like a debit card comes with pin number etc, has anyone any good/bad things to report on these cards.

Any help would be good please.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fairfx are usually the best card for this kind of thing. If you are loading over £250 you can get it for free, and we both get £2.50 on our cards by using this referral link : Choose your currency and delivery method their current Euro rate is 1.1225, €1.50 per ATM withdrawal and 0% transaction fees in Euro countries

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I've had a Caxton FX card for a couple of years now which I use when I go to the US. Good exchange rate when loading the card and use it like a debit card to make payments in shops, restaurants, etc and also in cash machines.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I have had a Caxton FX euro card for three years now. Good rates and no transaction fees. Can load it when abroad (bur be careful in internet cafes). Best not to change back the money after the holiday, but leave it on the card if you can afford it, as that exchange rate is not so good.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I used FairFx in the States with no problems although I could only find one bank that didn't charge for the ATM withdrawal on top of FairFX's flat rate fee - disappointing. You get a favourable exchange rate though and as hardly any debit cards (if any at all) now allow free withdrawals overseas, it's about the best you can do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here