Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash Only

rexwedge

Aug 22, 2005
worthing
I thought the whole idea behind e cash was the club don't handle so much cash and supporters were given a small discount to use the system. We are just going the way of all the others. Notice that its easier to get service this year. Could be the on pitch offerings. We stay in Brighton longer before the game now that the concourses open later.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are plenty of card readers, as the majority are going to be contactless payments which is easier for me.
So instead of your st card, just bring your debit card.

I don't think I can trust the club with contact-less payments.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't have a contact less card at the moment, and Im not due a new credit card till next year.

This will definitely slow down queues.

It takes a second, which is quicker than handing over cash and waiting for change. It is twice as fast as chip & pin.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought the whole idea behind e cash was the club don't handle so much cash and supporters were given a small discount to use the system. We are just going the way of all the others. Notice that its easier to get service this year. Could be the on pitch offerings. We stay in Brighton longer before the game now that the concourses open later.

The discount thing going is very disappointing. I can't help but feel this was another of the good things they deliberately put in at the start to attract as many STHs as possible and then gradually get rid... Or increase the season ticket prices by 20% or so... Does seem there was a clear marketing strategy to get people in. Maybe I'm being cynical but it's always been my hunch...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I understand that the ecash is being phased out, but prior to yesterday's game most if not all took cash, ecash and debit card. Now they've wrongly labeled cash only when ecash was being accepted and also removed the debit card readers on all but 15% of tils. They had 2 out of 12 chip&pin/contactless card readers but not on the other 10!! That's my point. If contactless is supposed to speed things up, why the need to only use it on 2 tils? If they are phasing it in, wouldn't it make more sense to have the chip and pin readers also? Instead of getting rid of them. The stadium was well below capacity and 2/3rds full, and the ques were bad. Also they shut all the bars in the east at 5.30. It's almost as if Sodexo don't want to make money.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Change your bank, or bring cash. My card isn't a credit card. It's a debit card.

Really?

The whole idea is reduce queuing times. You propose using cash which will have the opposite affect.

I'm sure contactless will be fine, when everyone has such a card. Nobody is going to change their Bank simply to get a contactless card to use at football.

There's no doubt this has been introduced a season too early.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really?

The whole idea is reduce queuing times. You propose using cash which will have the opposite affect.

I'm sure contactless will be fine, when everyone has such a card. Nobody is going to change their Bank simply to get a contactless card to use at football.

There's no doubt this has been introduced a season too early.
Many, many shops use contactless now. In fact, I dislike it when they don't, as it's so much better. The limit is being raised from £20 to £30 soon making it more useful.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Many, many shops use contactless now. In fact, I dislike it when they don't, as it's so much better. The limit is being raised from £20 to £30 soon making it more useful.

My last post on this, as either you're being deliberately obtuse, or you simply aren't reading what I've posted.

I'm sure contactless is fine, for those who have contactless cards.

I don't, and I won't have a contactless card before the start of next season, I'm sure there are lots like me.

That means that without ecash, all those will have to use cash, or chip and pin.

Slower queues.

Less sales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here