Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
The Mrs has suffered for years but has splints that she wears on her hands if she gets too much pain.
I suffer from it occasionally and there's one thing that sets it off for me, and that's if I unload the car after shopping and carry all the bags into the house in one go.
Later I'll suffer but it's not too bad, I think due to the limited time I'm carrying the bags from the car to the kitchen.

If you don't fancy sex with your Mr/Mrs at anytime get yourself some of the splints and make certain your Mr/Mrs sees you wearing them before bed.

C9C4220C-62C8-416D-9E25-BC7C60FA0FED.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's starting to drive me mad, it came on mildly about three years ago and went away for a few months last year, recently it's come back with a vengeance giving me disturbed sleep at night and now it's starting to be a problem through the day as well, although not as bad as during the night. Has anyone got any advice about reducing the symptoms?

I have got in in my left hand. I have a metal plate in the radius after a spiral fracture, which probably doesn't help. I switched to wearing my watch on my right wrist when symptoms first appeared 4 years ago. I take evening primrose oil and glucosamine/chondroitin daily (a ll a bit neutraceutical but whatever). My index finger and thumb are tingling a bit now, but after the initial problems the symptoms have subsided to manageable.

I also started physio 2 years ago for excruciating neck pain which was diagnosed as due to an inflamed nerve sheath. The physio exercises unexpectedly helped the hand. Physiotherapy can be hit and miss (depends on the person) but the harder you push them the more they will try to help.

The doc will advise a palliative process like mine till surgery is all that's left. Very best wishes with it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have got in in my left hand. I have a metal plate in the radius after a spiral fracture, which probably doesn't help. I switched to wearing my watch on my right wrist when symptoms first appeared 4 years ago. I take evening primrose oil and glucosamine/chondroitin daily (a ll a bit neutraceutical but whatever). My index finger and thumb are tingling a bit now, but after the initial problems the symptoms have subsided to manageable.

I also started physio 2 years ago for excruciating neck pain which was diagnosed as due to an inflamed nerve sheath. The physio exercises unexpectedly helped the hand. Physiotherapy can be hit and miss (depends on the person) but the harder you push them the more they will try to help.

The doc will advise a palliative process like mine till surgery is all that's left. Very best wishes with it.

I've already touched base with Shingle about this.
He described symptoms I've been getting since I fell over up allotment a couple of years ago.
When I was a yoof, I fell off my bike, resulting in a green stick fracture on my left wrist, which healed, but always felt my left arm was way weaker than my right.
As I mentioned falling over, I put my left arm out to break my fall, which resulted in myself getting the described pains.
So I'm going to try a wrist support for starters and see how I get on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've already touched base with Shingle about this.
He described symptoms I've been getting since I fell over up allotment a couple of years ago.
When I was a yoof, I fell off my bike, resulting in a green stick fracture on my left wrist, which healed, but always felt my left arm was way weaker than my right.
As I mentioned falling over, I put my left arm out to break my fall, which resulted in myself getting the described pains.
So I'm going to try a wrist support for starters and see how I get on.

Mate, we have a national health service. See the doc, get some physio.

Anyway, must go. I accidentally ripped open my abdomen this afternon while doing the garden, and the old large bowel is hanging out a bit. The missus said she'd help sew me up but I'm pretty sure I can do it myself.

:facepalm: :rolleyes:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Three years after starting this thread I can happily report that my 2nd hand was operated on earlier this week. The other hand was done in July. The sheer relief at getting a full nights sleep is indescribable. After first posting I put up with the symptoms for another two years, stupid I know, but the ball began rolling last September, and it's taken around a year from an initial phone consultation with the doctors surgery to diagnosis to surgery. :bigwave:

DavePage

Three years after starting this thread I can happily report that my 2nd hand was operated on earlier this week. The other hand was done in July. The sheer relief at getting a full nights sleep is indescribable. After first posting I put up with the symptoms for another two years, stupid I know, but the ball began rolling last September, and it's taken around a year from an initial phone consultation with the doctors surgery to diagnosis to surgery. :bigwave:
Well done, good news, hope all goes well from now on

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's amazing the things we live with when relatively quickly and easily they can be permanent resolved! Glad you're on the mend and able to sleep well again.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's starting to drive me mad, it came on mildly about three years ago and went away for a few months last year, recently it's come back with a vengeance giving me disturbed sleep at night and now it's starting to be a problem through the day as well, although not as bad as during the night. Has anyone got any advice about reducing the symptoms?
I had the operation which went well and have had no problems since- it does take a few weeks to get the hand properly working with full strength, but well worth it.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Hi Shingle, hope it works out 4 u, had to have both wrist/hands done twice but only after having Ulnar nerve reversed in both elbows did I fully get 100% proper movement and sensation back in hands. Hope fully modern technology and surgery is better than the first butcher I had. Montefiore put every thing right for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here