Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Caroline Lucas

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Not a great fan of hers but this is just a bit of nonsense and no big deal. She is easy pickings - there are far more important people to lynch.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Exactly, I am so disgusted right now.

Baking cakes and offering cheap prize House of Commons tours is so ****ing snowflake generation!

I expect my MP to be funded by private corporations or third party nations who’ll actually give them the budget to get elected and make a difference, even if it is tax breaks for those corporations, or preferential treatment to the countries who have funded them!

Take the ex-investment banker c**t Javid. He spent his pre-political career investment banking and ****ing this country over under a careless Labour government then suddenly, we’ve over spent and over relied on nasty little c**ts like him and we crash and the little f**ker sucks and licks his way in to government! No wonder the horrid f**k C**t thinks he is entitled and tells that lucifer wannabe Johnson where to go.

They are all c**ts really aren’t they but if you think Caroline Lucas is corrupt, you’re about as clever as the brown Palace shaped sludge I flush daily.

You OK hun?

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Exactly, I am so disgusted right now.

Baking cakes and offering cheap prize House of Commons tours is so ****ing snowflake generation!

I expect my MP to be funded by private corporations or third party nations who’ll actually give them the budget to get elected and make a difference, even if it is tax breaks for those corporations, or preferential treatment to the countries who have funded them!

Take the ex-investment banker c**t Javid. He spent his pre-political career investment banking and ****ing this country over under a careless Labour government then suddenly, we’ve over spent and over relied on nasty little c**ts like him and we crash and the little f**ker sucks and licks his way in to government! No wonder the horrid f**k C**t thinks he is entitled and tells that lucifer wannabe Johnson where to go.

They are all c**ts really aren’t they but if you think Caroline Lucas is corrupt, you’re about as clever as the brown Palace shaped sludge I flush daily.

You don't like him then? You've missed the issue here anyway - if there's a tariff for Lucas's attentions then it needs to be published. Is a cake equal, for example, to six jam tarts? Can she manage a Sunday roast ? Do they all have to be vegan (which is going to ruin the roast) The imagination boggles at the variety of culinary delights available from this woman. As Private Eye used to say, 'I think we should be told'...

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Smarmy. Huh.

Of all the things you could say about Caroline, that would, be about the last I'd imagine anyone coming up with.

Care to give an example of her being 'smarmy'?

Every time she speaks...every time.

Appalling woman; she sounds like the female teacher you all hated at school, IMHO.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
To be fair to the sour faced democracy denier, they’re all at it, all sides of the house have their snouts in the swill bucket. I’m more concerned that her and her eco fascists have turned Brighton and Hove into a shanty town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Vielen danke Frau Schumacher.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A good listen this week, stuck with what she believed in. Would have been a far bigger figure if she'd been in a major party

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A good listen this week, stuck with what she believed in. Would have been a far bigger figure if she'd been in a major party

I know Caroline Lucas MP a little ( from my campaign days in the Green Party and later as a candidate myself) - I have always had a great deal of respect for her - one of the few conviction politicians I met in my political years in Brighton - her and David Lepper MP

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I know Caroline Lucas MP a little ( from my campaign days in the Green Party and later as a candidate myself) - I have always had a great deal of respect for her - one of the few conviction politicians I met in my political years in Brighton - her and David Lepper MP
I agree. Through work I've met quite a few prominent and less prominent MPs over the past 20 or so years and she stands out by a country mile and only in good ways whether I agree with her on something or not.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just so easy in permanant opposition saying what should be done and criticising everything when you will never be in a position to make a decision

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Just so easy in permanant opposition saying what should be done and criticising everything when you will never be in a position to make a decision
The trouble is the Greens aren't good enough entertainment to get the coverage to have influence.

The Green Party had an MP and were growing at the same rate as UKIP (who didn't have an MP) before the referendum yet UKIP appeared on 24% of Question Time shows, the Greens just 7%.

Unsurprisingly UKIP influence grew, Green influence flatlined.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That’s the fault of our FPTP electoral system as much as anything else. In 1989 the Greens got 15% of votes to the European Parliament for example but won no seats. In 1999 proportional representation in the European Elections meant it was easier for small parties to win - ( which is why Nigel Farage /UKIP came to prominence) and the Greens started picking up seats.

And Caroline Lucas broke boundaries even as an opposition MP, she was the first Green MP to be elected to Westminster, the first woman to be elected as MP for Brighton and elected as one of the first European Green MEPs (for SE England in 1999, 2004 and 2009)

As MEP she won support for tough legislation on animal welfare as well as being a strong voice for consumer legislation, economic sustainability, women’s rights including securing support for a task force to investigate environmental causes of breast cancer, fought for a green economy where temporary workers had the same working conditions as permanent workers, led a campaign for LGBT rights globally as well as in Britain among other things …

She has been a high profile opposition to government ministers, always well prepared with tough questions. She has been key in shifting the environmental debate to mainstream party discourse in recent years - Brighton Pavilion, thanks to Caroline Lucas was one of the safest seats in the Country until she decided not to run again. ( Now it’s not so secure..)

Not bad achievements for an opposition MP and certainly not an ‘easy road’ being on the one less travelled and the reason for Ms Lucas to step down after years of being the sole green voice in Parliament.

Better than the Tory MPs who use their parliamentary time to fall asleep, slouch around with no interest in debate or just mock the opposition:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here