Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

carole and o'callaghan???

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm sorry mate but your post shows that you know nothing about midfielders. A midfielder doesn't have to be Gascoigne like and beat lots of players before scoring a goal or laying on an assist, they can be players that break up the play and give the ball simply.

O'Callaghan was a very good player for us as was Bertin, it was their attitudes off the pitch that were questionable.

We've already got 3 of them, why do we need another one?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
We've already got 3 of them, why do we need another one?

The question "Do we need them now?" is a completely different matter.

I was questioning your opinion that neither of them were good players for us.

On the subject of Carole and why is he trialing with us at the moment. This may have already been said but Gus was at Leeds with Seb who was a very useful player for them when given the chance.

I presume he is just taking a look at him to see if he is still as good as he remembers. Sadly for us I think he'll find he isn't.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Didn't realise Bertin had probs off the pitch - thought he just refused to sign as he believed he could get a better deal. As for O'C I thought he was sent back to Ipswich after having a go at Knight for not supporting Wilkins. His off-field problems only came out after he went back.

Plenty of players have addiction problems and most get better when they tackle them. Who's to say this won't happen with O'C?

Yeah sorry, Bertin didn't really have problems off the pitch, he just considered himself too good for us at the time.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I was gutted when O'Callaghan left as he was class. Hopefully he'll do well and earn a contract.

Carole is a decent player to bring off the bench. Never quite manages to turn it in over 90 mins but certainly has impact.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
O'Callaghan was good, but clearly he's got problems and has been rapidly bombed out of both Tranmere and Yeovil, as well as short spells with a couple of Irish clubs, doesn't bode well.
Carole is an enigma, massive amounts of talent but both times he's been here have been exactly the same - starts off great and then goes suddenly and rapidly downhill. :shrug:
They wouldn't exactly be inspiring signings.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Don't forget O'Callaghan was here when we had a team competing for 7th in the League and stuck up for a manager who was royally shafted by the then board. Would love to see him back. Not Carole though. He just can't quite cut it. As for Hoyte, he would struggle in the Conference and if Brezovan ever drops a ball again like he did at Wycombe, he can piss off as well!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Carole was dreadful second time around. He set up two goals, one from a corner and one he played one back across the six yard box after a great cross from Cox. Two assists in the first three games then nothing. He is useless and even his best skill, dribbling, never gets him anywhere as he insists on beating players three or four times. Can't see Poyet resigning him myself.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
To be fair to Sebastian he had a stormer first half against Peterborough last season but since then he went down hill maybe he can be coached into becoming the player his was with us in his first stint. Regarding O'Calloghan surely he's a better player then Navarro. Good back-up players if signed will contribute more then the injury prone Livermore and McLeod.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He always seemed to have a couple of decent minutes in each game, we have plenty of players like that already.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The depressing thing about all these pieces of bad news is that they suggest we have limited financial ambition. If Gus had decent money to spend we wouldn't be considering any of Hoyte, O'Callaghan, Brez or Seb.
I confess I never rated O'Callaghan, he flattered to deceive when here last.
PG

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got to question what Poyet see's/ Hoyte has been f***ing awful for weeks + Bezovan not good. Bad decisions all round. First Question marks against his judgement . Not good

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It won't be long before people say "Frank Sinatra's had more comebacks than Seb Carole"

What a joke

PS I knew he was in the changing rooms for the Leeds game mixing with the lads just before kick-off so Poyet must at least get on with him.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The Torquay match preview says that players on trial are not necessarily going to be signed - I wouldn't take either of these as certain yet

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
carole worked with poyet at leads he wasnt good enough there though an he wasnt good enough for us, why this time?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Got to question what Poyet see's/ Hoyte has been f***ing awful for weeks + Bezovan not good. Bad decisions all round. First Question marks against his judgement . Not good

not at all, brezovan is the best available, im with you on hoyte though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here