Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlos Garcia Badias

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When Oscar joined us in June I had a look at the Maccabi Tel Aviv title-winning squad and then quoted on the new Oscar thread "Of the 2 Spanish players still at Maccabi Tel Aviv I would have thought CARLOS GARCIA BADIAS is a perfect fit for us. 29 years old, 200+ La Liga matches mainly for Almeria including a couple of seasons playing alongside Leo Ulloa."

It stands out really. The only thing is Tel Aviv are still in the Europa League last 32 having finished 2nd in their group, and he played every minute of every match for them so is an established first team player, match fit. They've only conceded 19 in 22 matches too, so their manager Paolo Sousa will be well pissed off at losing him if he goes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He's progressing his career now by being tested against the lethal strikers of the SPL

There you go then: daft league & daft money. 'Job's a good 'un. :thumbsup:

BTW, was there any mention of silly wages too?

Aug 23, 2011
When Oscar joined us in June I had a look at the Maccabi Tel Aviv title-winning squad and then quoted on the new Oscar thread "Of the 2 Spanish players still at Maccabi Tel Aviv I would have thought CARLOS GARCIA BADIAS is a perfect fit for us. 29 years old, 200+ La Liga matches mainly for Almeria including a couple of seasons playing alongside Leo Ulloa."

It stands out really. The only thing is Tel Aviv are still in the Europa League last 32 having finished 2nd in their group, and he played every minute of every match for them so is an established first team player, match fit. They've only conceded 19 in 22 matches too, so their manager Paolo Sousa will be well pissed off at losing him if he goes.

I don't know what the wages are over there but it could be we pay more so that could certainly make the player interested

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Probably correct but Oscar has always said he wants a CB with pace.

I know fans have said this but has Oscar actually said this? Because I've not really come across any news report or interview that states this. If he came in surely at least 1 of the centre halves would be leaving. I could believe it more if we looked at him at the end of the season with the likes of Upson and Greer looking at the twilight of their careers.

However there is a chance the rumour could be true. I don't know anything about the player but if he's a very talented ball player (which I am assuming he is) perhaps he could be coming in to play in midfield as Bridcutt's replacement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here