Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlos García Badías Rumour

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Totally agree. Gone to his head this moderating lark.

It hasn't gone to my head at all. I was trying to be helpful. Surely BBBW would like more people to look at his thread?

I see being a mod as helping out Bozza and the board, not as a position of privilege - It certainly doesn't feel that way.

BBBW hasn't asked me to change it back and has had the opportunity to do so.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I change thread titles as well. Sometimes they can be very misleading which defeats the point of the forum. Never had anyone moan before. I think it can be very useful to most.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Personally I'd rather the mods change the title of a thread to keep it up-to-date

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Always useful to edit thread titles to have them clarified. Particularly when question marks are added as necessary.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Big lol...the op has listed every single player known to man. He at some point is bound to get one right.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
A vote here for changing the thread title to "Argument about mods changing thread titles (plus O/T Carlos García Badías chat)".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I change thread titles as well. Sometimes they can be very misleading which defeats the point of the forum. Never had anyone moan before. I think it can be very useful to most.

Also guilty. I change them all the time. Sometimes I change the deliberately misleading 'joke' ones, to more literal versions, PURELY to piss off the thread starter.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
And the striker to torquay.

You mean Shamir Goodwin?

He went on Thursday/Friday last week - On loan.

He had a storming loan period at my local side Tonbridge Angels, hence the move up to the F.L. It'll be worth keeping an eye on how he does over the next few months.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Perhaps a mod can change this thread title to "mods changing thread titles"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh my, that is very sad!

No.

The goons who think its HILARIOUS to start a thread, titled "Upson out for 6 months", with a link to a story about a Lincoln City player called Tom Upson, are the ones who are sad.

Sometimes, I'll edit that title to say "Tom Upson of Lincoln out for 6 months". People must look at the thread and think "why?"

It's public service moderating. And sometimes it tickles me.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
No.

The goons who think its HILARIOUS to start a thread, titled "Upson out for 6 months", with a link to a story about a Lincoln City player called Tom Upson, are the ones who are sad.

Sometimes, I'll edit that title to say "Tom Upson of Lincoln out for 6 months". People must look at the thread and think "why?"

It's public service moderating. And sometimes it tickles me.

Thank you, and please feel free to change the pathetic "xyz signs" threads, calm for them everytime.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here