Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlos Edwards

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Never seen KLL so ineffective. Shame we don't need a fullback, or we should get him

D

Deleted member 18477

He was quality! Up there with Bruno for best RB in the division!

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Pretty certain he's normally a winger no? Either way great shout having him at right back as he was so agile there was no way KLL was getting past him. To be fair I thought it highlighted the lack of creativity KLL has. As soon as he comes up against a pacey defender he had nothing, but Edwards was great. Cracking assist for the goal too unfortunately for us

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Orlandi beat he right back easily for pace in the first half and crossed well. Dobbie deceived him as well. And Buckley caused him no end of trouble.

Lua lua kicked the ball at him rather in the space on the outside of him. I think Kazenga changed his mind when he saw the second defender doubling up.

In short, the right back's recovery speed was too slow for a full back.

Last edited:

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Orlandi beat he right back easily for pace in the first half and crossed well. Dobbie deceived him as well. And Buckley caused him no end of trouble.

Lua lua kicked the ball at him rather in the space on the outside of him. I think Kazenga changed his mind when he saw the second defender doubling up.

Take your blue and white specs off for a second. Edwards was quality last night, LuaLua didn't have a clue how to beat him after his first 2 attempts in the first half were stopped by Edwards.

By the way he put 3 quality crosses in - 1 for the goal, and 2 they should of just tapped in.

Quality player.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He has always played well against us and totally had Lua Lua in his back pocket.

Although i do remember once when he was at Luton him being brought off against us at the withdean as the pitch was so wrecked he couldnt have an impact, it was a game where Carpenter was quicker by sliding in and tackling than him actually running to try and get the ball.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009

Must have been watching a different game to me. He has not got any pace!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Must have been watching a different game to me. He has not got any pace!

I might have got the wrong Albion player who skinned him in the first half? I think Carlos Edwards played well, but he was not a specially good player. He could read the game OK and was competent. If we had Buckley on from the start the game might have gone a different way as the ball did not run for Lualua. It seemed to get stuck under his feet all the time.

PS: I thought his pass for the goal was hoof and hope. It was Darryl Murphy (who was good) who should get the credit.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Which game did you go to watch as the one at The Amex had Carlos Edwards beating everybody on the field for speed whether going forward for a ball or running back to defend. His crss into the box for their goal was a picture book full backs cross, putting it into the danger area and letting the striker go for it. Mind I think Calderon should have done better and not let the player get goal side of him an elementary schoolboy error.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
I might have got the wrong player? I think Carlos Edwards played well, but he was not a specially good player. He could read the game OK and was competent. If we had Buckley on from the start the game might have gone a different way as the ball did not run for Lualua. It seemed to get stuck under his feet all the time.

PS: I thought his pass for the goal was hoof and hope. It was Darryl Murphy (who was good) who should get the credit.

You've got to be on a wind up......................

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Depends where you are sitting

Which game did you go to watch as the one at The Amex had Carlos Edwards beating everybody on the field for speed whether going forward for a ball or running back to defend. His crss into the box for their goal was a picture book full backs cross, putting it into the danger area and letting the striker go for it. Mind I think Calderon should have done better and not let the player get goal side of him an elementary schoolboy error.

From where I was sitting Cresswell looked dangerous on one occasion and generally looked composed (or was it bewildered?). Edwards was right at his limit. He played well but not great.

Albion do seem to suffer from the long deep cross on occasions. This is not getting behind the defence.

Last edited:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I might have got the wrong player? I think Carlos Edwards played well, but he was not a specially good player. He could read the game OK and was competent. If we had Buckley on from the start the game might have gone a different way as the ball did not run for Lualua. It seemed to get stuck under his feet all the time.

Wow, I know the game is all about opinions, but how can someone be so wrong reading a game?

:ffsparr:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
edwards is quality on the wing or full back,he was immense at the away game last year too

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: It was Orlandi who beat Edwards for pace in the first half, but the ball was played in front of him. Dobbie did him as well (deceived him for the most part) in the first half. It was Lualua who was having trouble with him as Edwards tried to run into the space in front of Kazenga and for the most part succeeded. It was an interesting battle, for the most part frustrating, not least because I though Lualua could do better.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Spot on.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure the criticism of Perseus is justified.
LuaLua missed a great chance on 30 seconds after losing Edwards and they doubled up to deal with him all through. A great move in the 2nd half started with Dobbie making a fool of Edwards and whilst he played well and has a great early cross the excessive praise bordering on eulogy for his performance last night isn't really merited. Good but not really exceptional as he made too many errors including losing Buckley for our goal - I'm sure people on both sides of an argument see only what suits them and that is surely true here

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here