Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Copying what I just put on the other thread:

Why would Baleba being wanted by those clubs not be true? I’m sure they’re all interested, the kid has a massive future. He won man of the match for us two/three games in a row just a few weeks ago. He’s a brilliant young talent.

The only thing I don’t believe about that story is the price. We’re not going to let him go for only £55m after just one season.
I think we’d sell him for that but nobody is paying that at the moment

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Copying what I just put on the other thread:

Why would Baleba being wanted by those clubs not be true? I’m sure they’re all interested, the kid has a massive future. He won man of the match for us two/three games in a row just a few weeks ago. He’s a brilliant young talent.

The only thing I don’t believe about that story is the price. We’re not going to let him go for only £55m after just one season.
Agree with most of this, but £55m is a lot for potential…..

However, like you I think he is a star in the making and eventually could be worth significantly more.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Agree with most of this, but £55m is a lot for potential…..

However, like you I think he is a star in the making and eventually could be worth significantly more.
I think I'm at the stage where I think why sell a player we only just bought for £25m when Chelsea (or someone else) will pay £75m+ at the end of next season. We paid £25m for potential already. Do I think he's added £30m in value this season? No, however, I do think he's shown glimpses that his promise is real.

In this whole thing, I do find it funny that Guehi is being linked with a £55m move to Man United, Eze and Olise are both "available" for £60m and Carlos is in that bracket despite, in my opinion, all three of those being genuinely very good players, proven in the PL already. Given the market, £60m for either of those two players is a bargain. That said, in a winger market where Mudryk is £90m and Antony is £85m, everyone looks cheap.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think I'm at the stage where I think why sell a player we only just bought for £25m when Chelsea (or someone else) will pay £75m+ at the end of next season. We paid £25m for potential already. Do I think he's added £30m in value this season? No, however, I do think he's shown glimpses that his promise is real.

In this whole thing, I do find it funny that Guehi is being linked with a £55m move to Man United, Eze and Olise are both "available" for £60m and Carlos is in that bracket despite, in my opinion, all three of those being genuinely very good players, proven in the PL already. Given the market, £60m for either of those two players is a bargain. That said, in a winger market where Mudryk is £90m and Antony is £85m, everyone looks cheap.
Agree on the comparison with the CP players but, as an explanation, Guehi, Eze and Olise are all 3+ years older than Carlos

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Agree on the comparison with the CP players but, as an explanation, Guehi, Eze and Olise are all 3+ years older than Carlos
Also, good young forwards are a dime a dozen.

Good young defensive midfielders aren't.

Having said that I still wouldn't sell him at this stage - he'll be worth much more in a year or two.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
More regurgitated Twitter nonsense from that buffoon Owen and Brighton Bubble who must trawl the internet looking for references to BHA and its players then repost for ‘likes’ what a sad sad life…….

Apparently Barco is going to Saudi according to them !!! Kin hell he’s only played 180 mins.
I doubt they are trawling the internet - can easily do it via some automation

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
More regurgitated Twitter nonsense from that buffoon Owen and Brighton Bubble who must trawl the internet looking for references to BHA and its players then repost for ‘likes’ what a sad sad life…….

Apparently Barco is going to Saudi according to them !!! Kin hell he’s only played 180 mins.
In fairness, neither have ever said that they're posting these as facts. Both accounts are mainly just centralising rumours in one place. All you need to do is look at the sauce to know if it's serious or not. This one is notorious spam site "Caught Offside", so I'd file this one under "nonsense"

Jimmy Grimble

That has to be nonsense. He has a lot to work on before he’s even consistent at our level yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here