"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Homer Simpson Cartoon GIF

:lolol:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Love the guy already. Gonna be massive for us- just what our midfield needs after losing Mac and Caicedo. Let’s remember he adapting to the system and not fully PL match fit. Bossed the midfield then tired understandably

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Love the guy already. Gonna be massive for us- just what our midfield needs after losing Mac and Caicedo. Let’s remember he adapting to the system and not fully PL match fit. Bossed the midfield then tired understandably
Hoping he is just adapting fitness wise as in two games he has pulled up with cramp. Outside of that you can see he has the strength, speed and skill to be that transition player from defence to attack - receive the ball from a defender, spin round the opposing player and launch an attack.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

“I have to congratulate the club on finding two more amazing players, in Adingra and Baleba,” De Zerbi said after the game. “Baleba is very young and I think this club needs the characteristics of Baleba. He is a great replacement for Caicedo. But we can’t forget Ansu Fati, Mahmoud Dahoud, Joao Pedro.” In other words, there is plenty more where that came from.

Why give Baleba his first start now? “I gave him the right steps. He played a part of the game with Bournemouth, played 70 minutes in Stamford Bridge [in the League Cup] in a big stadium. I gave him time to understand the new style of play, the timing of when to receive the ball, the right line of passing: our idea. It is not so easy [to learn] because our style, in the defensive phase we can change depending on the opponent, our build-up play can change.

“He’s very young, a very good player with incredible potential, and he can be one of the most important midfielders in Europe in the future.”

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

“I have to congratulate the club on finding two more amazing players, in Adingra and Baleba,” De Zerbi said after the game. “Baleba is very young and I think this club needs the characteristics of Baleba. He is a great replacement for Caicedo. But we can’t forget Ansu Fati, Mahmoud Dahoud, Joao Pedro.” In other words, there is plenty more where that came from.

Why give Baleba his first start now? “I gave him the right steps. He played a part of the game with Bournemouth, played 70 minutes in Stamford Bridge [in the League Cup] in a big stadium. I gave him time to understand the new style of play, the timing of when to receive the ball, the right line of passing: our idea. It is not so easy [to learn] because our style, in the defensive phase we can change depending on the opponent, our build-up play can change.

“He’s very young, a very good player with incredible potential, and he can be one of the most important midfielders in Europe in the future.”
All very interesting, I didn't realise we had a defensive phase. 😂

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I had been getting a bit worried about RDZ continually saying “Baleba is not ready yet”, and was beginning to wonder whether he was a mistake. I should not have worried, should have been more trusting. I found myself thinking and hoping driving across to Brighton yesterday that he would start, and was happy when the team was announced. But I wasn‘t expecting to be quite so bowled over, as was everybody else. And I had lost sight of the fact that he is only 19!!!
Wow - just wow. And with Adingra yesterday as well - the cool, calm and collected way in which he swept that first goal past Allison. Wow, just wow again.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
still need another DM, either in the summer or next January. every chance he could be in the AFCON squad come 2025
Well yes, but I wonder if by then, one of the young centre mids, we've got loaned out or in the u23s will be knocking on the door.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still cant believe he was booked for running alongside and leaning into the Liverpool player. Ref was a strange one yesterday
Agreed weird decision considering he did nothing in nearly the same part of the pitch when Mitoma was brought down from behind in the first half

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Been on night shift, only just surfaced… Do Chelsea want Baleba yet ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here