Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
i actually think the French league is the best market for Premier League teams to buy from. In the Italian, German and Spanish leagues, teams in general have much more pragmatic, tactical approaches to football. The French league is all about pace, power, athleticism, there is much more emphasis on physical attributes. I don’t mean that condescendingly at all, it’s very enjoyable to watch. Those attributes are made for the Premier League imo, with a bit of fine tuning technically, there are lots of potentially brilliant players there.
I’ve said this for years. It is the league that most closely mirrors the PL for physicality and over the history of the PL, is the league that players come from where they settle quickest and have the most long term success here.

Plus, France is an absolute goldmine of young French and African talent.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
In the Italian, German and Spanish leagues, teams in general have much more pragmatic, tactical approaches to football.
German teams actually play the highest line out of all the big 5 leagues I believe.

Can be why some players don't make it here from that league, players like Werner thrive with space in behind.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
German teams actually play the highest line out of all the big 5 leagues I believe.

Can be why some players don't make it here from that league, players like Werner thrive with space in behind.
I’m amazed by that if true. Perhaps just shows that the level of managers/players in the teams outside of Bayern, Dortmund, RBL and Leverkusen is not very good.

Playing a high line against any of those 4 teams is naive at best, idiotic at worst!

Jimmy Grimble

Did he change boots at half time? I’m sure he sure wore white in the first half then changed to black.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Looks decent , early days but the physicality and drive when he has ball looks potentially great

Biss and caicedo top quality but neither drived with the ball like this guy

Different

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve said this for years. It is the league that most closely mirrors the PL for physicality and over the history of the PL, is the league that players come from where they settle quickest and have the most long term success here.

Plus, France is an absolute goldmine of young French and African talent.
Spanish players also seem to settle quickly and seem a very popular option for many clubs.

Jimmy Grimble

Yes he did, I spotted that also. The magnificent Puma Kings graced The Amex for the second half.
I used to bloody love my Puma Kings.
The white ones were Pumas too. Not sure if they were Puma Kings - maybe a modern variation of them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Like the look of him, fitness the next big thing to work on as he cramped up both against Chelsea and today late on, start getting him fit (playing him will help)

Greenbag50

Jun 1, 2016
Thought he was brilliant.

If he doesn’t start games after Xmas , we’ll panic. Just like we did with YB and MC.

2nd half of the season he will be immense.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So, after all the doom and gloom if the past few weeks, it turns out the midfield is actually pretty decent, then?

🤣🤣

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
First half: PUMA King Ultimate SG Supercharge - PUMA White/PUMA Black/Blue Glimmer/Ultra Orange

1696832688048.png

Second half: PUMA King Ultimate SG Gear Up - Persian Blue/Pro Green/Ultra Blue

1696833016752.png

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
When De Zerbi came out with that "he's the future of this club" statement, I felt a bit weird about it. Seemed like too much pressure on the shoulders of an untested player (at this level).

After yesterday, I get it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here