Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
RDZ’s bravery in giving pretty well every member of the squad game time is going to make us a threat in every game once they are all up to speed. Having an interchangeable squad is going to benefit us big time in the long run. These things take time and it was only a year or so ago we’d have all settled for playing well and only losing 0-1 at Chelsea. Nobody wants to play us anymore, whereas not so long ago it was “we should be beating teams like Brighton”. I suggest not even City think like that now.

Baleba is going to be a beast for us imo.
This is a good point. We introduce talented players to the first team squad and give them some game time whilst integrating them into our playing style. They aren’t wholesale changes as they aren’t expected to be first team regulars from day one.
Other teams may buy the ‘finished article’ but actually these players ( eg Caicedo at Chelsea) still take time to integrate and yet they are expected to deliver from day one on a consistent basis.
Yes, we are likely to have games like yesterday where we play Igor, Baleba and Dahoud in the same team, but we’ll have others where there aren’t as many of the new players.
It’s our model.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
RDZ’s bravery in giving pretty well every member of the squad game time is going to make us a threat in every game once they are all up to speed. Having an interchangeable squad is going to benefit us big time in the long run. These things take time and it was only a year or so ago we’d have all settled for playing well and only losing 0-1 at Chelsea. Nobody wants to play us anymore, whereas not so long ago it was “we should be beating teams like Brighton”. I suggest not even City think like that now.

Baleba is going to be a beast for us imo.
Agree, I think Baleba is really exciting, he seems very tenacious and has good ability.

Born in 2004……. Unbelievable

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Unrealistic to expect young players from outside the premier league to hit the ground running. They need time to adapt - McCallister took a long time before he became a regular first team player for us. We need to be patient with the youngsters and we’re not doing too bad: last time I looked at the league table we were doing ok!

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Unrealistic to expect young players from outside the premier league to hit the ground running. They need time to adapt - McCallister took a long time before he became a regular first team player for us. We need to be patient with the youngsters and we’re not doing too bad: last time I looked at the league table we were doing ok!
Best of luck on persuading some people on here to be patient.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Best of luck on persuading some people on here to be patient.
It’s important to understand in life generally, but especially on internet forums, that there will always be people smarter than you, and many a lot stupider.

The key is being consistent to oneself, knowledgeable - and if you can’t be that, at least be entertaining.

The worst kind are those who are confidently incorrect, holding their (often flawed) opinion as fact.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The worst kind are those who are confidently incorrect, holding their (often flawed) opinion as fact.
I think that has always been the case, but social media has made it worse and the world has become a massive bear pit.
I've come to the conclusion that there are far more fuckwits around me than I previously realised.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s important to understand in life generally, but especially on internet forums, that there will always be people smarter than you, and many a lot stupider.

The key is being consistent to oneself, knowledgeable - and if you can’t be that, at least be entertaining.

In your opinion 😂😂👍

……..sorry

You’ll have to enlighten me on the rave reviews London, if you are referring to the friendlies, then yes, agree, outstanding…… but friendlies.

It’s not that I don’t rate him or anything like that, I have just been disappointed to date, and think he is taking a little longer to grasp the system.

I guess I expected a more immediate impact given the pedigree. I’m sure/hope it’ll come, but IMO he’s not there yet.
I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding expectations - but then you need to judge those expectations, given he's a free transfer. I know he was a young player who looked 30 but Mac did take time here to make an impact

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
You’ll have to enlighten me on the rave reviews London, if you are referring to the friendlies, then yes, agree, outstanding…… but friendlies.

It’s not that I don’t rate him or anything like that, I have just been disappointed to date, and think he is taking a little longer to grasp the system.

I guess I expected a more immediate impact given the pedigree. I’m sure/hope it’ll come, but IMO he’s not there yet.
The Luton game produced a lot of favourable comments here. Whether I agreed is immaterial but definitely there were some who seemed very impressed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding expectations - but then you need to judge those expectations, given he's a free transfer. I know he was a young player who looked 30 but Mac did take time here to make an impact
But isn’t that the difference, one was at the beginning of his career, arguably the other is at/close to his prime.

The Luton game produced a lot of favourable comments here. Whether I agreed is immaterial but definitely there were some who seemed very impressed.
Yes it seemed to turn very quickly after that, which is a bit harsh in my view. If a guy like Enciso, say, had made that flick for the Mitoma goal after half time on Saturday, am sure we would have heard a lot more about it

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Another superb performance.

It was a very good performance.

He's increasingly looking like he's more in the Biss mould than the Caicedo - which is fine.

And like Bissouma, he's looking very raw at the moment. Confident, signs of brilliance, but not always making the correct decisions.

He will improve. Exciting prospect. Very much offers something we miss in central midfield.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Very much offers something we miss in central midfield.
Indeed. I know he's young and raw but, he's what we miss right now if you ask me. (I know you didn't)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here