Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba SINGS a 5-year deal

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Wasn't completely anonymous today as he got an assist with a love little flick into Mitoma's path for his first goal.
Dahoud just looks like the second coming of Davy Propper. Who himself was the second coming of Robert Codner. That doesn't fill me with great joy. There will be some occasional lovely stuff though.

Baleba, now there's potential all wrapped up in the body of some kind of giant puppy, all bounding around with enthusiasm, legs everywhere and he's going to be some beast when all grown up.
Honestly I remember propped being much more involved in our matches. They really just seem to pass Dahoud by

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Way off the pace today. Gonna take a fair few games to get up to scratch. Worried about the centre of midfield at the moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought he did alright. Igor was better than Thurs too. Not reading too much into tonight for any players - especially ones who haven’t played regularly - must be so hard.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Way off the pace today. Gonna take a fair few games to get up to scratch. Worried about the centre of midfield at the moment.
I know it's your opinion, but you're wrong.

For a 19 year old making his starting debut against a decent enough Premier League team, he showed he's up to it.

Give him 5-10 matches to learn more about what it's alI about, I think he's gonna be absolute quality.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

For a 19 year old making his starting debut against a decent enough Premier League team, he showed he's up to it.

Give him 5-10 matches to learn more about what it's alI about, I think he's gonna be absolute quality.
Not doubting he will come good. But gave it away time and time again today.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thought he did alright. Igor was better than Thurs too. Not reading too much into tonight for any players - especially ones who haven’t played regularly - must be so hard.
Yeah I thought Baleba did ok in what was his first start for us. Raw and made some mistakes tonight but he is a force. I thought Igor was decent and Dahoud had his best game so far for us tonight. Plus Pedro, although should have scored, was a constant threat and is such an exciting talent.

Overall I thought it was a good night for the newbies, better than for the old guard.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

No he isn’t wrong. He was way off the pace tonight. He will be fine but very early days for him!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think the players will deliver on Saturday now which is of course, a lot more important.

If we are to challenge Liverpool or Citeh for top spot next month, we must beat the brummies.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Yeah I thought Baleba did ok in what was his first start for us. Raw and made some mistakes tonight but he is a force. I thought Igor was decent and Dahoud had his best game so far for us tonight. Plus Pedro, although should have scored, was a constant threat and is such an exciting talent.

Overall I thought it was a good night for the newbies, better than for the old guard.
Thought Dahoud was awful. Zero movement and gave it away a lot. Baleba was very raw and also gave it away tons.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
That was a really good test for him against two very good DMs. Looks raw and was definitely nervous and clumsy but it was an important run out for him.
He will be an incredible player.

I thought he had another strong game, we controlled the midfield. MD was ok too. We’re all a bit glum after an underserved loss but I’m liking our depth in midfield at the moment

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A little harsh IMO.

He was almost playing on his own last night in midfield such was the level of support offered by others.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thought Dahoud was poor, otherwise agree.

Dahoud made very few angles, and when we looked for an outlet he was missing. Looked a lot better when he went off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought Dahoud was poor, otherwise agree.

Dahoud made very few angles, and when we looked for an outlet he was missing. Looked a lot better when he went off.
@Bakero has some interesting stats on Dahoud so far and his contribution with the ball, which is reassuring, I do think it’s what he doesn’t do/hasn’t done which is more the issue for me.

Still RdZ has highlighted he is still picking up the system, so hopefully some improvement to come.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He lost the ball a fair bit and his control at times questionable but put himself about . Think he will be alright . Looked a walking red card at one stage

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Stop it now :) He's a 19 year old in his first start in English football. If people didn't realise its gonna take him a fair few games to get up to scratch BEFORE this match then I worry for the state of football discussion on this site....

If you want our centre midfield to be as good as last years, then i guess you should worry a bit. That's a very high bar to clear. In some ways I've been pleasantly surprised about how we've copied with the loss of Caicedo and Mac, but the key for me is the player who connects the midfield to the attackers, the Lallana role if you will. Fati did it well first half, we missed him second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here